Chapter 31

**HEY HEY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT.
THIS IS A CHILL CHAPTER CONTINUING THE PREVIOUS.
XOXO
**

SHAWN POV
I wake up naked without Athena by my side. I panic a little but then recover. I put on my underwear and jeans and shoes to go search for her. She's probably in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
She's isn't anywhere, so I look at the backyard. I see her talking to Henry. What are they talking about?
I call for Athena and she comes over. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask her as we set in the kitchen.
She says she didn't want to disturb my sleep. I see she has my shirt on with jeans. She looks adorable. I ask her what they were talking about and she says relationships. Then Henry walks in.
"Why are you half naked?" Henry asks, "Is Athena wearing your shirt?"
I grin, "Yeah and she wants me this way."
Henry laughs, "Oh I see, but Mrs. Marrison will arrive soon, I don't think she wants you around like this."
"My mom thinks he's handsome," Athena says.
I chuckle, "really?"
"Yeah," she nods. I look at Henry getting the food out of the bags. "Let me help you," I tell Henry.
"It's fine. I'm going to make a simple pasta with chicken," Henry answers. I wash my hands to help him out. I also want to cook for the family. Henry washes his hands as well and starts preparing the food.
"Do you even cook?" Henry asks me.
"Not really, but I would like to learn,"
"First put a shirt on dude," Henry chuckles.
"Fine," I smirk at Athena, "Athena can you give me my shirt back?"
Henry looks at her.
She rolls her eyes, "Fine." She suddenly begins to unbutton the first top buttons. What is she doing?
She then slowly removes the third button. It is off and I see a peek of her breasts. She looks so hot but then I remember Henry is here. Why is she provoking me in front of another man?
Henry gulps and then I shake my head and snap out of her trance. I go to her. She releases a laugh, "ha! Like if I'm getting naked right here. Let me go change."
I get close to her and tell her to not do that again. She goes to the room to change. I turn to Henry who is opening the pasta bag. "Did you enjoy that?" I ask.
"Chill dude," he says.
I walk towards him. "Chill? You were checking her out! She's my wife."
"Whoa, okay, yeah, maybe I was but I didn't mean to offend anyone. Besides, she started it."
"So if I didn't stop her, you wouldn't have either?"
Henry continues preparing the pasta. "What if she didn't want to stop?"
"What?"
"She was playing us Shawn, she wanted to see our reaction."
"That's not what you were saying,"
Henry looks at me. "Stop it Shawn. Please, let's just make her dinner."
I sigh. I ask him how to prepare the chicken. Athena comes back and hands me the shirt. I put it on and we continue. I don't want to upset her again. Speaking of that, I need to clear things with her later.
....
The dinner was good. I didn't burn anything. Mrs. Marrison gets impressed that I help cook. I feel my cheeks get warm. I feel good that I cooked. I never really cooked in my life.
....
Next day
Athena, Henry, and I arrive to the airport. We are going back home. We get inside the airplane. Athena sits next to me while Henry is alone looking out the window. The trip is quiet.
Athena is resting against me. I hear her lightly snoring. Cute, she's asleep.
I'm glad she is here with me. She is really a good woman. I wish that we have meet like normal people do: at a bar, in college, or online. I wish I could have courted her and asked for her hand in marriage like any other man.
I take out the rings I gave her for our wedding out of my suit jacket. It is nothing special. The engagement ring is a simple square diamond while the the wedding band is just silver. I should buy her new ones. I will propose to her again.

Hours later we finally arrive home. Henry left to his apartment as soon as we landed. He didn't say goodbye to Athena.
"Monsieur," Bonnie greets us. She has a worried smile.
Athena steps forward, "I'm back."
Bonnie nods, "I can see that madam."
"Are you upset?" Athena asks her.
Bonnie shrugs,"I'm afraid you will leave monsieur again."
I smile at her. "We are fine."
"Yeah, and well, I consider you a friend Bonnie,"Athena hugs her. Bonnie loosens up and smiles. "Okay."
Athena steps back, "I'm going to go rest."
I kiss her cheek. "Alright. I will help Bonnie get the bags from the car."
She nods and walks to the room.
Bonnie giggles and claps her hands. "Aww, I'm so happy for you monsieur!"
I chuckle, "Thanks. So where's Francisco?"
"He had a minor family emergency, but he will come back tomorrow,"
"Is it his daughter?"
"Yes, poor Eli, the tumor came back," Bonnie lightly frowns.
Oh man, poor Francisco and Eli, not again.
"It's fine, he said not to worry," Bonnie pats my shoulder. "He said to keep our mind positive."
I nod. "I wait for him tomorrow to talk and ask what I can do for Eli."
....
Next Day

Athena and I are eating breakfast. Francisco hasn't arrived yet, hopefully everything is okay.
"Everything okay?" Athena asks.
I nod. "Yeah, just worried about Francisco. He had a family emergency."
"What happened?"
"Nothing, it's fine, but I do want to ask you something, hopefully I don't ruin the lovey mood," I answer.
Athena stops eating her cheesecake pancake. "What?"
"You knew about me marrying you because your father arranged it. You knew I gave your family money for you. So you got upset over my real relationship with your father?"
She looks confused at first. Then she looks to the side and thinks for a while.
Athena bites her lower lip as she is thinking and frowns. She looks at me. "Was I wrong to get upset?"
"No,but why couldn't we talk about it?"
"I-I don't know, I felt so angry at my dad for lying about things, and you never told me the real truth on how you really met my father,"
I sigh, "also blame the hormones huh?"
Athena is blushing with embarrassment. She looks so cute. I grab her and sit her on top of my lap. She is looking down. "I guess. But I just didn't know what to think about all of it."
"So running away was the answer?"
She pouts, "am I getting a lecture now?"
I smile in my head. I touch her cheek. "No. But it hurt me a lot you thought the worse of me. I mean, I am bad for thinking a girl is someone to just bare children or get paid for, but I never meant to offend you in any way. Your father told me you agreed easily."
"I guess my mom was right. You acted foolish but never evilly," I say. Athena finally looks at me. "I'm sorry for over reacting. I was feeling so many emotions because of me knowing about my pregnancy. I was in shock and then to discover my dad's lies and now even some of yours, I let the emotion take over. I'm sorry."
"Your forgiven," I lightly smile. I kiss her cheek.
She hugs me. "I feel stupid."
"I'm glad you didn't get upset and your are not."
She kisses me. "I sometimes hate how understanding you are especially knowing who your dad is."
"My mom was the one who was with me most of the time when I was little. She was very kind hearted,"
"I'm sorry. I kind of forgot about her,"
"It's fine."
Athena smiles, "So she was really the influence in your life, so what about your dad?"
"He was there once in while but he has been a good father though in his own special way."
She kisses me again except it lasts a bit longer. "Oh darn, I gotta pee!" She jogs away towards the bathroom.
I chuckle to myself. "I need to get use to that."