Chapter 21:

Monday

I am walking towards Henry's apartment. I haven't seen him since the art show. I knock once on his door.

"Hi," I say as the door opens.

Henry smiles, "Well, well if it isn't the trouble maker."

I roll my eyes annoyingly. "Can I come in please?" He opens the door wider and I go in and sit in the living room.

Henry asks if I want anything to drink and I say no. "So what brings you to my palace?"

"I wanted to apologize for Friday. I didn't mean to ruin it for you."

"Oh that, well, you did got me worried but it's fine," he says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

He smiles, "I'm pretty sure but how about Shawn?"

I tell him everything except for the whole "my father sold me" thing.

He pets my head.  "There there."

I slap his hands off. "I'm not a pet."

Henry chuckles and pitches my cheeks. "You are so freaking cute," he yells.

I laugh and push him away. "You idiot!"
...

I arrive home but Shawn isn't home yet. I check the time on my phone and it is barely going to be noon.

I go to the kitchen Franky and Bonnie chopping some vegetables.

"What up?" I ask.

They say hello. "We are making Chinese!" Bonnie says.

"Awesome,"

"Monsieur won't be able to come for lunch," Franky says. Oh darn, again?

Bonnie notices my frown. "You can take him lunch," she suggests.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea," I giggle.

"I will pack it then," Franky gives me a small smile.

I am driving to Shawn's work place. This will be the first time I visit him at work. Should I call him? I chuckle, nah, let it be a surprise.

I arrive and a security guard tells me where to park. I get the lunch box Franky did and start walking inside the building.

It is a simple yet sophisticated office space. I arrive to the reception and a young man smiles at me. "Hello, Mrs. Trevor," he says.

"Whoa. You know who I am?" I ask.

He stands and nods, "Mr. Trevor made me aware of your presence as soon as he got married."

Wow, that's great I guess. I ask him if Shawn isn't busy. He checks the computer and says no. I thank him and go inside the elevator and go to the top floor.

Once I arrive to the floor everyone sets my eyes on me. I chuckle and feel my cheeks get warm. I see Kimberly and jog towards her desk. She is concentrated on typing on the desktop computer. I hit her desk with my hand and a loud "thump" is heard. Kimberly jumps and yells. "You!" She yells. I chuckle as I see her trying to catch her breath.

"Sorry," I smile. Kimberly shakes her and asks what I'm doing here. I tell her I want to see Shawn.

"Well, he got a call from one of the producers of the plan. But let me check," she lightly smiles. She stands and fixes her white pencil skirt. She has it paired with a black button shirt and red shoes. Kimberly enters inside the door right next to her desk.

I look around and a small group of workers are looking at me. There's nothing special about me, why are they looking?

"He is waiting," Kimberly appears again. I thank her and go in. As soon as I enter Shawn's office, my heart goes crazy with nerves.