Chapter 38

It has been two days. I'm finally walking. I have a male nurse helping me walk throughout the hospital halls. I can't get out since I'm going to have surgery tomorrow for my arm.
"There you go Mr. Henry," his Texas accent shows. I turn to him, "Don't call me mister, it's weird."
"Sorry," he smiles. "It's a habit of mine."
"So what's your name?"
"Jeremy Patterson," he nods.
"Okay, Jeremy, can you take me to see a friend of mine? I don't know where she is though," I say. Judith has been the only one visiting me these past days. She hasn't been able to tell me how Athena is.
"Sure, just give me her name and I'll try to find her," Jeremy says.
I give him the information and I wait. He comes back and guides me to Athena's room.
"She's right inside, but for what I read, she isn't well mentally," Jeremy says.
I nod and thank him. I knock on the door and open it. I drag the IV stand with me.
"I'm not hungry, I ate breakfast already," Athena says. I close the door and walk towards her. She quickly looks up at me and is shocked. "Henry?"
I get closer to her bed. "Hi Athena."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just bruises and broken bones,"
She looks so dull. There isn't any light coming from her. Her eyes are tired and have dark circles.
"What happened? Why did Shawn die?"
I sit on the corner of the bed. I thought someone told her. "What do you know?"
"He died, that's all I know," she says. A tear escapes her right eye.
"It was an accident," I answer, "a deer popped out of nowhere and the pavement was iced. Shawn nor me could control the car. I'm so sorry. I swear, I wish I died instead of him. He had so many things to live for." I hold my tears but my throat hurts. I still feel like shit.
"I wish too," Athena whispers.
She punched me in the gut. She wants me dead.
"I love him so much Henry. I was stupid to get upset over our marriage. I didn't tell him I love him when he left. He left with the thought of me hating him!"
"He knew that Athena. He-he loved you and thought about you in his last seconds of life," I say.
She cries. I just sit here. I can't do anything.
...

ATHENA POV

A WEEK LATER

"I told George to make your room as comfortable as possible," Ms. Taylor says as she combs my hair back behind my ear.
"Thank you," I say. She lightly smiles, "I'm glad you agreed to move with us. Believe it or not, Nicolas cares about you and the baby."
I decided to move with Mr. Trevor and Ms. Taylor. Mr. Trevor insisted for me to go somewhere else with him. He wants to help me get through Shawn's death. I am now living in Paris. My parents are here for a while too. They are staying at the guest house outside.
"I know," I say. She stands, "let me see if George is making the dinner I requested."
Ms. Taylor fixes her long black dress before walking away. I look around the room. It is so royal. It has big windows with beautiful curtains.
Someone knocks on the door and I tell them to come in.
I see Shawn's grandfather. I quickly stand. "Sir, you should-"
He raises his hand to make me stop talking. He closes the door and slowly walks towards me. He has a black suit on. "I'm sorry dear," he frowns.
I look down, "I'm sorry too, he was your grandchild."
He takes my hand. "Everyone dies, it sad though, a young man like him dying that way."
I take him to sit with me on the bed. His old hand feels soft on mine. I haven't seen him in a long time. Shawn has been the only one talking to him and his uncle.
"I'm here for you and this baby," he says. I look into his eyes and lightly smile. "Thank you."
"We will be living for a while at Nicolas hotel. My son Robert needs to have knee surgery," Peter says.
"You mean Bob?" I ask.
He nods, "That's his nickname."
"I hope everything goes well,"
He kisses my cheek. "Everything will be fine my Athena."
"I hope so," I say.
He hugs me tight and exits the room. I look down at my stomach and feel Paulette move. I can't let this drag me so low. I have you to take care of baby. But, I lost Shawn and I almost lost Henry too. Even, if in my wicked side would want him dead instead of Shawn, I am glad he is fine. I know it wasn't his fault, but just looking at him gets me angry. I'm so stupid. I really am so stupid.