Chapter 35

2 months later

I am already into my second trimester of pregnancy and I'm so happy. I am 6 months already.
I am looking out the car's window as Bonnie drives me to Judith's baby shower at her home. She is already 8 months.
"Athena, we are here," Bonnie says as she parks.
"Thanks. I call you once I'm done," I say as I get out of the car. I close the door and wave goodbye.
I see balloons on the sides of the door. They are yellow and purple.
I ring the doorbell and a girl with a pixie cut answers the door. She smiles, "Hi, come in."
I step in and hear laughter and giggles coming from the dinner room.
"My name is Polly. Come in, Judith is preparing a game," she takes my hand and we go in the room.
Judith sees me and hugs me. "Glad you made it!"
I feel her very round stomach hit mine and it makes me laugh. "I'm happy I'm here too."
She pulls away, "I am about to reveal the sex of the baby! You know how this baby didn't want me to know for the past month? Well finally yesterday I got a picture."
Polly stands by me. "Tell us already!"
Judith tells everyone to sit. There's only about 9 more girls including two toddlers.
I sit next to Polly. Judith puts a deck of cards on the table in front of her. "Okay, well, you need to guess first," Judith smiles.
"a girl!" Polly screams.
A curvy woman with red hair yells that it is a boy.
"Hmm," Judith gets the card on top of the deck. It is a K.
A Japanese young girl stands, "It is a girl! K for Katherine?"
Justin says no. She pulls another card. It is a y.
I smile, "A boy. His name will be Kyle."
Judith giggles and nods. "Yes!"
Everyone claps and cheers. I stand and hug her. "Congrats!"
Judith pulls away and takes another card. "Here!" She shows everyone a copy of the picture of the baby.
"That's so cute!" Polly claps.
Judith gives me the card and starts passing it along. She is giving everyone a copy printed on the card.
The party goes along very well and fun.
I'm eating strawberry cake when my baby kicks. Oh man, she hit my side hard. I rub my stomach, "Stop it Paulette Marie."
"That's the name of your baby?" Judith sits next to me.
I put the plate of cake on the side table of the living room. I nod. "Mr. Trevor wants a french name for his first grandchildren."
"It is nice but does Shawn and you want that name?"
"Yes," I smile. "I like it and my parents love exotic names as you see by my name."
Judith nods in agreement. "I see that."
"Baby?" Suddenly Gabriel's voice appears. We stand and see him with a big yellow teddy bear with balloons on its hand.
"Oh my, Gabriel," Judith goes to him and kisses him.
I get the bear from him and he embraces her. "I hope you had a good time."
"Yeah, it was so nice."
I put the bear on the couch and get my purse. I take out an envelope and hand it to Judith. "I am not good in giving gifts so Shawn and I got you this."
Judith opens the envelope and takes out a card. "Aww, sweet, thanks Athena."
"It has something inside," I say.
Judith takes out the check. "What?"
"For your child's education," I say.
Gabriel gets the check and shakes his head. "No, this is too much."
"please, take it, we really want you to have it," I say.
They look at me in disbelief. Judith chuckles, "Thank you."
Gabriel hugs me. "I need to top this gift for your baby shower."
I chuckle, "its fine."
"Let me show you the gifts," Judith takes Gabriel's hand.
"Well, I'm leaving," I say.
We say our goodbyes and I head outside. I fix my coat and dial Bonnie. "I'm on my way," she says. "I had to come to a friends house. I'll be there in 5 minutes."
"Okay," I hang up. I see the snow from yesterday melting on my boots.
"Athena,"
I look up and see Henry with a small basket filled with baby stuff.
"Did the party end? I just want to give this to Judith. I don't want to crash the party," he finishes.
I haven't seen or talked to Henry in months. It is so weird to see him again.
"Okay, well, I will just go in anyways," Henry walks towards the door and rings the doorbell.
The door opens and he goes in.
A car pulls up and the door is open from the inside. It is Bonnie.
I get in and she drives home.
We arrive and I see Shawn's car.
I go in and walk to our bedroom. He is sleeping soundly on the bed.
I smile and sit next to him.
"Oh," Eli enters but stops at the door. She has a silver platter with a glass of water and pills. "Hi Athena."
She sets the platter on the lamp table.
"Is he okay?" I whisper.
She nods. "He just had dull pain on his hand. I called his doctor and she said to give Shawn his pills and a massage."
"Oh," I frown. Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't anyone call? I pet his hair. Poor Shawn.
"I just leave this in case he wakes up with pain," Eli says.
"Thanks. But next time if I'm out, call me."
"He told me not to and I obey him," Eli says.
I look at her. "He isn't your boss or master. You don't have to have to follow everything he says."
"But, he is the owner of this house,"
"So? He is my husband. If he is in pain, I have the right to know."
"Sorry, I just want him to be well," Eli says.
I stand. "So when are you leaving?"
"Athena," Shawn says. He opens his eyes. "Stop fighting."
I look at him. "I'm not fighting."
He sits. "This is the second time I hear you ask Eli when she is leaving."
"I'm leaving tomorrow actually," Eli says. "Don't worry Athena." She leaves with an angry face.
Shawn rubs his eyes. "Oh sweetie, are the hormones getting to you?"
I throw him a pillow, "Shut up. why didn't anyone call me?"
He looks at me. "I wanted you to have fun. I'm okay."
I roll my eyes. "I hate you."
He smiles. "I love you too."
...

Next Day

"Why?" Royce asks me for the third time. He bites into the apple. He is siting on top of the kitchen counter. I'm cooking some soup for us. Bonnie has her day off and Franky left with Eli to get the treatment. Finally. I didn't like how Eli talked and looked at Shawn all this time.
"I just want to check up on Henry, but I need you to do that for me," I say. I'm kind of embarrassed to say Henry kissed me and saw me naked.
"Fine," Royce says. "So thanks for letting me stay a couple of days."
"It's cool. I have another person to talk to," I smile at him.
He is here for a mini vacation. It is already mid January.
Royce stands to throw away the apple and turns to me. "How's the baby?"
"She is good,"
"Paulette huh?"
I nod and turn off the stove. "You don't like it?"
"I do,"
I get two white bowls and put soup in each. Royce gets two spoons and we head to the dinning room. We sit and begin to eat.
"Is it good?" I ask.
He smiles. "Caldo de Pollo huh?"
I nod. "I remember you showing me how to cook it."
His colored eyes sparkle. "I'm glad I thought you something."
We finish eating and we clean the dishes.
Royce says he will take a nap in his room. So, I head to the entertainment room. I turn on the TV and surf through the channels as I sit on the couch.
My phone suddenly rings and it's a text.
From: Henry
HI. HOW ARE YOU?

I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU REMEMBER?

From: Henry
OH. SORRY. HOPE YOU DO WELL THEN.

I put the phone to the side and rub my forehead. I begin to have a headache. "Why? Why do you want to talk to me again?" I ask out loud.
"Who?" Shawn appears suddenly next to me. He is standing with a brief case.
"Darn, you scared me," I put my hand on my chest.
He sits next to me. "Sorry."
"No one," I say.
"So no one wants to talk to you again?"
I sigh, "It's Henry."
"Oh,"
"I do want to know how he is though, but I don't want to talk to him," I say.
Shawn pets my hair. "You can send Royce to investigate."
I chuckle, "I already did."
"Good. Then wait till he goes. If he isn't well then we go visit him. Cool?"
I nod and kiss him. "I missed you."
"Me too."
His phone rings and he answers it. A frown appears on his face. "I-yeah it is fine. I'll go-but I need, okay fine. But I'll go tomorrow then." He hangs up.
"Is something wrong?" I ask.
"Sort of, I need to make an emergency entrance to one of my father's bussiness in New York."
"Are you leaving then?"
"Sorry. It is part of my job now. My father hired me to be his assistant and helper with this kind of situations," he answers.
I understand but it sucks at the same time. "Okay, I guess me going is out of the question?"
"Yeah, but I will be back by next Monday," Shawn touches my cheek.
"Okay."
...
HENRY POV
I have Royce siting across the table in the kitchen. He surprised me without calling me he will be coming. He's in vacation.
I tap my coffee mug as I wait for him to start talking.
"So, how are you bro? I haven't heard of you since Athena went back to the town," Royce says.
I nod. "I'm fine."
"Good, still painting?"
"Yep, and you?"
"Still at the office, dating, it's all good," he lightly smiles.
"You and Athena are friends then?"
"Yeah, it is nice. I'm actually staying at her house for some days," he says.
I think I know why he is here now. I chuckle, "Did Athena send you? I mean, we got along back then, but I never really told you to come over my house when you wanted."
Royce grins, "Yeah. She is a bit worried about you, but why? You guys don't talk to each other?"
She hasn't told him huh?
"No, but we just became distant. I'm busy with my art and she is pregnant and sharing time with her husband," I say.
"Do you know she is going to name the baby Paulette Marie?"
That's a nice name, very frenchy.
"No, but it's cool," I say. I take a sip of coffee. "How's Shawn?"
"I haven't really talked to him, but he is fine too. He left though for a bussiness trip."
"When will he come back?"
"Monday probably,"
Athena will be alone then. I just want to talk to her. These past months have been kind of dull for me. She was always there telling me to go out with her or talk. It was more fun with her.
"Hey, do you have time to teach me how to make something?" Royce asks.
"What?"
"A ring?"