Chapter 25: Ruby

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

My Sunday started with Asia waking me up at the butt ass crack of dawn because we needed to, "Be prepared for the day" I'm pretty sure she just wants to torture me.

We got breakfast at a Starbucks and drove to the airport, my mood was sour for most of the drive but when I stepped out of the car it instantly brightened, because I saw a small adorable child running towards me.

As she got closer I bent down and picked her up into a hug, I spun a few times and then placed her back on her feet. "Hi, Ruby. How are you doing sweetheart?"

Looking up at me she has the biggest smile on her face, "Rowan! I missed you, when dada said I could fly with him to get you I chose my favorite outfit, do you like it?" She spun around to show me her outfit.

"You look adorable munchkin." She had on a knee-length ruby red dress that had sequin designs on the skirt and top with a mesh covering at the collar and she paired it with a pair of black flats. After a few seconds, I realized that it was one of the outfits that I had brought her.

"Well, I'm very happy that you're here, but where is your dad honey?" She started to think but the familiar voice of her father interrupted, "I'm right here Rowan."

I walked over to hug him, "How are you doing Ben? Was the flight smooth?"

"The flight was fine and it was great having ruby there, she sat in the cockpit and watched me fly. Thank you again for letting me take the plane back after flying you here last week and for letting me bring Ruby along with me." I smiled at him and shook my head.

"You know that I love her and the two of you are like family, you don't have to thank me. Besides, I love having the little munchkin around." After that, we started loading things onto the plane and listening to Ruby talk about one of her shows.

We were standing in the little Living Room like area of the jet, Ruby was curled up on the corner of the couch and Asia was on the chairs across from her. I was standing in-between the two talking to Ben and checking my phone to see if my surprise had arrived.

"So Ruby, has anything exciting happened recently?" At my question, she jumped up and stood in front of me, "I grew an inch and a half!" she was jumping up and down when my phone chimed.

I nodded my head to Asia and she walked out of the plane, "Well in that case I have a surprise for you." Ben looked at me questioningly but I just smiled and led them outside where Asia stood with the load of presents I had gotten for Ruby.

"Are these all for me?" Her mouth was open in surprise as her eyes roomed over the pile of gifts Asia was standing next to. She seemed to like the red drivable child-size car that I had got, which was good considering that was the main thing I wanted to get her.