Chapter 24: The Group

POV: Maya St Clair

~~~

It's been a few days since all the drama with Lincoln and Candy, from what I can tell things have relevantly gone back to normal. Though the one thing that I have definitely noticed is that Luke refuses to say a word to Linc and glares at him when he thinks no one is watching.

It's around noon on Friday and I'm currently lounging around in Rowan's living room watching The Arrow on Netflix. I spend most of my time here with everyone and even though they seem to be a pretty close-knit group they have really accepted me and I'm thankful for that.

The sound of the front door opening and closing catches my attention and when I look over to the archway I see Justin running towards the couch I'm sitting on. Before I have time to react he jumps and lands with a huff right next to me.

He leans his head on my shoulder and looks up at me, "Hey Bitch."

I roll my eyes at his nickname for me but honestly, I prefer Bitch over Sugar, the main part of that being Justin says it jokingly and Matty only calls me Sugar to piss me off.

"Hello to you too Murphy, what has you in such a good mood?" He shifts around for a moment and moves his head to my lap where he looks up at me, "I don't know, it's just one of those days I guess. Anyways when is Rowan coming home?"

I think for a moment and count the days in my head trying to figure out when she was coming home, she didn't really tell us when she'd be back. "I think tomorrow or the next day, she never gave us an exact date she only said she'd be gone a week and then her and Asia left."

"Okay, I just hope she can fix our little Luke and Linc problem because if we don't do something soon Luke may crack and shoot him." We both started laughing and we focused on the tv.

We spent another two hours watching Netflix before Justin got a call from Crystal about one of his clubs and had to leave. It was now around three o'clock and I had seen Matty, Jack, and Lee run upstairs whispering and laughing about something almost an hour ago and my curiosity was getting the best of me.

I made my way up the stairs and walked to the main hallway where all the bedrooms were and listened for their voices, which was way harder than I thought by the way because most of the walls are thick so I have to get real close to be able to hear anything.

When I finally hear then I'm standing outside of Jack's room without knocking I open the door and look at the sight in front of me. The three of them are seated in a circle around a pile of framed photos and they all have a marker in hand.

We all just look at each other for a moment before Jack springs up and pulls me further into the room and pulls the door closed behind me making sure to lock it this time.

"Well then, what exactly is happening here?" I'm the first one to speak and they all just continue to look at me.

Jack turns back to Lee and Matty, all completely ignoring me at this point. "Do you think we should add her to the group?" he asked them and Lee takes a moment to think about it. Lee says, "Yes." at the same time Matty says, "No."

Jack shakes his head and looks at him, "The only reason you're saying no is because you don't like the fact that she eats your food." Matty just grunts at his comment and Jack turns back to me.

"Welcome to the group Maya, and in this group, we play a game called Don't Tell Rowan. The rules are quite simple whatever happens in the group stays in the group, and most importantly you don't talk about the group." He looks at me and waits for my response.

"So it's like fight club? But instead, you do dumb shit that you know Ro, Mira, Candy, and Luke will kill you for?" He thinks for a moment and then nods his head, "Exactly."

A grin takes over my face as I walk over to Matty and take the marker out of his hand, I grab the closest photo with him in it and draw crazy eyes and a mustache on the glass, "I'm so in."

Over the next hour, the four of us continue to draw crazy faces and words on the glass of the photos and then sneak back into the hallways to hang them back up without being caught. We had a close call when Jack was about to get caught by Mira but at the last second, he made a run for it and slid to safety.

"I guess all those years of baseball he told me about paid off."

We were back in his room and we were all back in a circle on the floor when they told me about the "initiation" where you have to tell something no one else knows so if you rat them out to Rowan they'll do the same.

Lee told me the story of how he once put a small hole in Ro's tier before a race so he could win a bet but she still ended up winning and how when she found the hole she was pissed and had no idea who had done it.

Matty told me how one time when Rowan and Mira ordered platters of food for a party and he got high that night and proceeded to eat almost all six plates of pasta and macaroni and when the next morning came he blamed it all on Lee.

Lee had added when he first found out it was Matty that ate it and blamed it on him, he slapped him.

Jack told a story of how one day when him and Rowan were racing he slightly mess with the engine of the car but she had found the problem before the race and when on a rampage to find who had done it and when she couldn't she went to him to rant about how she was going to "kill the son of a bitch who touched her precious baby."

"Note to self, never mess with Rowan's car."

Then it was my turn, "So you know how I just appear here sometimes without going through the gate of the front door? I kind of climb over the fence that connects her yard to mine."

Jack interrupts me when he asks a question, "Isn't that fence like ten feet tall?"

I look at him blankly, "Yes it is, but back to MY story, I climb over the fence and come in through the backdoor, and one time a security guard saw me and just stared at me before telling me that Rowan had told the front gate to let me in whenever I want but I just looked at him before telling him that hopping the fence was more fun so now he just looks the other way."

They all just look at me before laughing, and soon enough I'm joining them and we're all on the floor with tears in our eyes and struggling to breathe because we're laughing so hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to Comment and Vote

Follow my Instagram: @the_queen_107_wattpad

<3