Chapter 36: Night Out

POV: Cameron Reed

~~~

My back is fucking killing me.

Rowan has made me sleep on the couch for the last two nights, and let me tell you as comfy as it looks, it is as hard as a fucking rock.

And the cherry on top was this morning she woke me up with a feather in my fucking ear, which caused me to roll right off the couch.

"Let's go, honeybuns! Were gonna be late for breakfast." Rowan was yelling from the door for the third time, quickly I looked at myself in the mirror. A white button-down tucked into black slacks, nice shoes, an expensive-looking watch.

When I got to the door she was already glaring, she had chosen a black long-sleeved turtleneck dress that's ended about her mid-thigh and paired it with a tan fuzzy coat that was longer than the drees. With that a pair of knee-high black boots.

Her hair was curled nicely and her wedding ring sparkled on her finger.

"I'm here, let's go." she rolled her eyes and headed for the elevator. Locking the door behind me I followed her.

In the last two days, we've been able to establish a relationship with the Kenton's. The girls went to some wine tasting thing together when Jefferson refused and we shared a cigar and talked. So far there hasn't been anything that has related back to his father's plans, but Candy has intel that something is going down at the local club tonight.

"Remember we have to try and get an invite to this party tonight, I think the best bet is to work on Daisy, Jefferson is definitely warming up to me but I can tell he's still suspicious." She nodded along and checked her makeup in the mirror.

Before the doors could open she pulled me to her by the color of my shirt and kissed my neck right above my collarbone, her lipstick leaving a mark there. She looked in the mirror again making sure she didn't smug it.

"What was that for?" She looked at me like I just asked the dumbest question in the world.

An Iook I get from her a lot.

"We have to play the part of a newlywed couple on honeymoon, most of which fuck like horny rabbits. So having a bit of my lipstick on your neck won't hurt." The elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

We made out way to the breakfast hall hand in hand looking for the Kenton's. Rowan spotted them and lead us towards a table in the back corner.

"Good morning you two, nice of you to join us." Daisy's eyes landed on the lipstick and she chuckled, "I was going to chastise you for being late Alina but I see you had something important come up." The girls both laughed and it even got a chuckle out of Jefferson.

~~~

After breakfast, we parted ways with each other, though we have plans to meet up at the bar later.