Chapter 35: Newlyweds

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"Unless you have a coffee in your hand to give me get the fuck out before I shoot you." The second the door opened it was my impediment reaction. It was too early in the goddamn morning, why on earth do I need to be awake at six o'clock in the morning?

"One black coffee with hazelnut creamer coming right up." Mal shut the door behind him and handed me the coffee.

"You Malcome Romeo are a godsend." I grabbed the cup and started drinking. If I was going to make it through this day I was going to need a lot of caffeine.

Most of the bags had been packed yesterday and were already at the airstrip. Now it was just a matter of everyone being ready to leave at the ungodly hour of seven a.m. "Is everyone else up?"

"Yeah, they sent Maya and Jack to wake Matty up a few minutes ago. I don't think I've ever heard him scream that loud." We both laughed as he helped me grab the last of my things and I went over the rules with him again.

"I know you're going to some party with Maya on Thursday but till then remember Andy's in charge and he will call me if he has to. You and Char should be on your best behavior when she gets in tomorrow, and you know the rest. Don't get into too much trouble." He rolled his eyes at me and continued zipping my bag.

~~~

Eventually, we all made it on the jet and were on our way upstate, but of course not even being on a plane will stop our fathers from yet again lecturing us.

"Remember the two of you really have to play the newlywed role. Be lovey-dovey and touchy, your suit is right across from there so don't go to check-in till you see them and then they will bring the four of you up together."

"Make friends with the Kenton's. Rowan and Cameron need to make up a background story for your marriage, how and when you meet, wedding details, everything. And also remember to -" I was getting too irritated by Martin so I pulled the plug on the tv, and no one was complaining.

For this mission, we decided to take a smaller group, and then anyone else that we needed would meet us up there and would stay in a cabin that we rented out near the resort. The team consisted of Me and Cameron, obviously, Linc, Justin, Candy, Luke, Scarlet, Alex, and Mira. Jack and Matty would be driving up and meeting us there along with others.

For the most part, people slept on the flight, it was only around an hour. I pulled Cam aside so we could talk about a backstory. "Just let me do the talking if they ask and follow my lead. Also, remember to keep your ring on." Both of us looked down at the things on our fingers.

"I still think mine could have been bigger." He eyed the diamond on my left hand that was already a more than decent size. "You're only saying that because you found out Martin was paying for the rings."

I shrugged not arguing with him. We spent the rest of the flight talking and planning a backstory and practicing calling each other by our new fake names. "So Alina Myers, where are you from?"

"What an excellent question John Myers, me and my husband are from the city. We read about this lovely resort and fell in love. We just had to honeymoon here." He studied me closely while I talked and then nodded.

"Good, if I didn't already know you I would have believed every word."

"Good, that's what we're going for."

~~~

The both of us entered undercover mode the second we stepped off the jet. One car took our friends to the hotel to check into their rooms while Cam and I got into the car decked out with 'Just Married' shit.

I had Candy scout out the camera and signal when Jefferson and Daisy arrived, which was the signal we got seconds ago. "Are you ready Mrs. Myers?"

"As I'll ever be Mr. Myers."

Since it is descender in upstate New York I settled with an all-white two-piece pantsuit while Cam was in black slacks and a white dress shirt. As planned we ended up behind the Kenton's and when they told the front desk they were Newlyweds here to check into their suit I put on my most fake, friendly, voice.

"Oh My God!! No way! You guys are on your honeymoon too!!! Oh, that's so exciting! So are we!!! My name is Alina, what's yours!?" The couple looked back at me and the wife instantly smiled while the husband looked special.

"You guys are on your honeymoon too? I'm Daisy and this is my husband Jefferson." I put on the fakest smile I could.

"It is so nice to meet you, this is my husband John. I just can't believe we're meeting another newlywed couple on our first day. It must be a sign!" Daisy and I started talking as Cam shook Jefferson's hand and they also started to chat.

We checked in at the front desk and just as planned the front desk brought us all up to the suit floor together. The guys continued to chat while Daisy and I were already planning breakfast tomorrow and a possible pool date.

We went our separate ways in the hallway and entered our suite. The second the door closed I dropped my smile and let my face relax. "I bet you're not used to having to smile that much"

I smacked it shoulder and walked farther into the room. Once you came in there was a sitting room/ living room that connected with an open floor plan to the kitchen. a hallway broke off from there and led to what I assume is the bathroom and the bedroom.

Cam made his way to the kitchen, most likely to call Scarlet and fill him in. I had given Daisy my fake number and we were still chatting.

After briefing everyone over the phone I headed to the bedroom, with Cameron not far behind me. We were met with the sight of a giant bed covered in rose petals.

"There's only one bed, and two of us. You know what that means?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me but Ignored him and walked to the closest to grab an extra pillow and sheet.

"It means you get to sleep on the couch hubby." I smiled sweetly at him, threw the sheet and pillow at him, and then shut the door in his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<3