Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment

POV: Mira Borack

~~~

I'm going to kill both of them.

Either that or I'm going to lock them in a room together and let them kill each other because I can not deal with the two of them anymore.

It has been less than twenty-four hours since the shitshow of a party and Rowan is locked in either her room or in Charlotte's room or maybe Asia's but I don't know because all the fucking doors are locked.

Luke has also locked himself in his room.

Don't even get me started on when they emerged for food at the same time. They glare at each other while also pretending the other doesn't exist.

The silent treatment there giving each other is driving me crazy.

It's only eight in the fucking morning and I'm tempted to down a bottle of vodka, but I can't. Instead, I have to prepare myself for world war three in the middle of the living room I just cleaned.

"Are you sure she's even going to come down? She's been locked up there all night." Jack had a point but if there's one thing that Rown wouldn't miss even in her current state is planning a party.

Actually, I did most of the planning seeing as we didn't even know Maya's birthday was today until Matty informed me at midnight last night when he saw the birthday cake symbol next to her name on Snapchat.

"She said she would but who knows. And Luke will be of no help seeing as he is still locked in his room and only answers the door for Candy. So the rest of us are going to have to set everything up."

Maya had spent the night at her house with her dad and they were going out for a late breakfast, early lunch so that should give us enough time.

I started listing off jobs for everyone, Matty was, unfortunately, in charge of getting the food. Mostly because she steals so much of his food he knows what she likes. Jack and Lee were in charge of setting up the ballroom, which wasn't really a 'ballroom' like the ones in the movies, It was smaller and more of just a room to host parties, but anyway.

Jack and Lee would set that up the decorations, well once the decorations got here. I called Linc an hour ago and told him to get Justin and Cameron and pick me up some black and purple decorations. Of course, the first thing out of his mouth had been why.

I told him he had to and then hung up.

Then I had Candy and Mal delivering invitations, we decided to keep things a little on the smaller side as Maya hadn't been in town all that long and we didn't want to overwhelm her. So it was really only going to be us, and then some of Linc, Justin, and Cam's inner gangs.

And then that just left me with the job of making sure Rowan and Luke don't kill each other, lucky me.

Most of us were still surprised after last night's events but for the most part, we understood why they had to do it, and that they were just trying to protect Charlotte.