Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan

POV: Matty Herlihy

~~~

Waking up on Tuesday morning the smell of sweets continues to hang in the air, last night when I arrived back at the house after my flight I could smell the cookies, cake, and brownies from the door but I was so exhausted that I dragged myself to my room and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

Walking over to my closet I grab a pair of grey sweats and pull them on over my briefs and threw a white muscle tee over my head.

My first goal of the day is to shove my face with whatever -I'm assuming Mira has made- into my mouth. Walking downstairs to the kitchen I'm surprised to see that Maya is the one pulling a tray of cookies out of the oven.

Lee being the first to notice me turned in his seat, "Hey Matty, how was your flight?"

Sitting down next to him I take a snickerdoodle off one of the baking trays -the only one with all the cookies still on it, none biting into to taste test, and take a bite. "It was fine, long." Garbing a brownie off another plate I look to Maya, only to see that she is glaring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that shorty?" My question only seems to make her glare harder. Suddenly she grabs a cookie off the tray she's just pulled out and quickly chucks it at me, but not quick enough. I catch it in the air and bring it to my mouth, smirking at her.

"Well looks like someone finally came out of their god damn room." She mutters turning around to grab a bag of frosting.

Not hearing what she said I speak again, "What was that Sweetheart? I didn't quite catch that." She turns around again, her eyes still set in a glare.

"I said, looks like someone finally came out of their god damn room. I've been baking every sweet I could think of to try and apologize to you for accidentally shooting you and you haven't even bothered to come out of your room!" She gets herself so worked up that she squeezes the frosting bag in her hand and it shoots out, hitting the piles of sweets on the counter.

Stifling a laugh I look at her, "Does she not know that I've been in Florida all week?" I think to myself, reaching out to grab one of the frosted covered brownies.

"Sugar did you not know that I was in Florida for the last week?" she freezes for a second and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Really? Really! If you weren't here why didn't anyone tell me! I've been baking nonstop hoping you would come down and I could apology's." At this point, I couldn't stop my laughter and neither could Lee.

Huffing she folds her arms across her chest, but the action only serves to draw my eyes there and to the white tube top she's wearing that shows off her tan skin. I refocus on her face again when I hear her voice, "It's not funny"

Taking a deep breath to calm my laughter I respond to her little outburst, "Yeah sugar, it is."

She only glares again, "Would you stop calling me that!"