Chapter 33: Bribery

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

On my drive home, I was finalizing my plan.

It's been a little more than a week since my incident with Mia, and even though Luke and I were on good terms again we still weren't speaking to each other more than we had to. Which admittedly is my fault.

A lot of things had been said and I definitely was not in the right mind to deal with it. My main focus was on Charlotte and at the time I didn't care what I had to do to keep her safe, but that's beside my point.

Whenever Luke and I get into serious fights, which was rare, the way we'd make it up to each other is that whoever was responsible for the fight showered the other in food until they were forgiven.

Which is how I ended up with about twenty takeout boxes of mac and cheese from multiple different restaurants and two boxes of Dr. Pepper in my back seat. I also have two ice cream cakes, ten boxes of cheez-Its, and nine chocolate bars in my trunk.

I was so in my head that I barely even registered driving through the gate and up to the circle, or the three random extra cars in the driveway, Which in hindsight probably would have saved me a few headaches if I had noticed.

Turning the car off I hopped out and headed for the front door, I was going to need help bringing everything in. Though walking into the house it was unusually quiet, which is never a good sign.

I was still in the entryway and looked around for any sign of anyone, but there was nothing.

"What the hell is going on?"

I was about to head upstairs when I finally heard footsteps coming from the main hallway in front of me. I was about to grab my gun when I recognized the honey-blond hair and babyface, Zeke.

"Before you murder me, it wasn't my fault. Total, not my fault there were ten of them and only one of me and Derrick told me it was ok and know I'm not supposed to take orders from him anymore but he's still scary, but definitely not as scary as you, but I was outnumbered and I'm sorry." I stood there trying to comprehend what he just said, and how one earth he got that all out in one breath.

Zeke was one of my higher-ups in the ranks. He was about twenty-three with honey blonde hair, green eyes, and a baby face that made him look much younger than he was. He had worked for my father since he was around seventeen and had worked his way up quite fast. I liked him so when I took over I offered him a job similar to Lee's except Zeke doesn't leave the country and Lee was his boss.

I looked at him waiting as he caught his breath, "Okay, Zeke. First, slow down and take a breath before you pass out, and second what the hell are you going one about?"

He took two more deep breaths and then spoke again, "Your dad may or may not be up in his office with Jason, Martin, ... and Mason. Along with their sons, and their wives are also around here somewhere."