Chapter 2: Ego Battle

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"Can you believe him! How dare he think that just because I'm a woman I can't run a gang!" I was sitting on my bed, a queen size with a white and grey comforter along with white pillows and navy blue throw pillows.

My head was resting on the grey headboard as I ranted about my father. Candy was rummaging through my closet looking for an outfit for herself and me.

"So he's really considering choosing someone else to run the gang?" Mira questioned from her spot at the end of my bed, leaning against one of the four bed posts that held up the top of the bed that had grey curtains flowing down off of them to the Floor.

"Yes." I grumbled frustratingly. We only have twenty minutes until we have to leave or we are going to be late, but to be honest I couldn't care less.

Candy came out of the closest with an outfit in her hands, a red crop top with a black zipper down the front along with a black high waisted skirt and her leather jacket. In her other hand she was holding a pair of red heels.

"That would look cute on you." I said looking at the outfit she was holding.

"You think so? You don't think it would be too much with my red hair?"

"No, it will be fine. Now go put it on. We don't have all day." Mira said standing up and pushing her back into the closet to change.

When she came back she had on the outfit and she did look really cute. She had pulled her red hair into some sort of fancy braided ponytail that she clipped a black bow into.

"HURRY UP GIRLS, WHERE GOING TO BE LATE"

When I heard Luke yell from down stairs I rolled my eyes "since when does he care about being on time." I thought.

Candy quickly ran back into my giant closet and came out with multiple pieces of clothes. Throwing them at me, her and Mira left telling me to get ready quickly and meet everyone down stairs.

When I looked down at the clothes thrown at me it was a black lace bra, a flowy red tank top and black jeans. Throwing on the clothes along with my leather jacket I quickly straightened my hair so the long dark brown strands reached the middle of my back. After I did my make-up and put on some dark red lipstick I grabbed my black heeled ankle boots and threw on some brackets and a couple of rings.

Making sure that my black crown ring was on my right ring finger, and tucked my necklace under my shirt. Taking my sunglasses and putting them on my head I grabbed my leather school bag that Mira put together for me and walked down stairs.

"Took you long enough." Luke grumbled as I grabbed my car keys. He was dressed in a baby blue button down shirt and a pair of black jeans. "So who's going in my car and who's going in Jack's?" I asked looking around to make sure everyone was here.