Chapter 23: Apologies

POV: Lincoln McBride

~~~

You'd think with the number of people who hate me right now my house would be quiet at ten o'clock.

But you'd be wrong.

To be honest I'm not even sure what the hell is going on. One second I'm peacefully sitting in my living room with Jacob after being screamed at by Scarlet for an hour and the next thing I know Mira is barging through my front door and she starts yelling.

Now here I am sitting on the couch with my mouth shut, that's a first, because both Mira and Scarlet are in front of me screaming at each other. What about, you'd ask, well Mira wants to drag my ass back to Rowans and have me apologize to Candy and Scar says that they should give Candy a few more days before she has to see me again.

I'm not sure who I agree with. I would like the chance to apologize to Candy but I have the feeling that if I step one foot into that house either she would shoot me or Luke would.

The girls continue to yell and eventually I think this has gone on long enough and I go to interrupt them.

Not my best decision.

"Th-" I can barely get a word out before they both turn to me.

"Did we say you could talk? No!" they said it in sync which only scared me more.

I put my hands up in surrender and pressed my lips together, they glared for another second and then went back to arguing.

"Well man, you're screwed." Jacob was finding this very amusing, and I was surprised he didn't have his phone out to record the screaming match his sister was having.

"He can't just sit on his ass in this house bitching and moaning about being shot or how sorry he is! He and Candy slept together. We all know that and all of us heard what he said the next day!" Mira's hands were flying everywhere as she talked and I thought she was gonna slap her.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wish she did. Because honestly, who doesn't like some chick on chick bitch fights. Personally, I'd prefer them to be in little bikinis but I'll take what I can get.

"And we were both in the room with Candy today! She needs more time before she has to face him again. Yes, they slept together but we both know that's not the big issue here. He degraded her and basically compared her to all of the other slut that throw themselves at him on the daily! She is nothing like them, I should know I'm the one that has to kick them out of the house the next morning."

Ah, yes. My lovely "groupies'". I wish I was with one of them right now instead of here, the things I could be doing. Like pinning that blond one against the wall, or letting the short one ride me, oh or the brunet that does that thing with her tongue while her mouth is around my d-

My thoughts are interrupted when the front door opens, seconds later Matty and Maya appear in the living room. Matty looks amused with the fight between the girls and Maya is glaring at me, which at this point is expected.