Chapter 53: Dear Dream

Renjun P.O.V.

I looked in alarm at the doctors that stood solemnly outside Hana's ward. Unlike the usual cheery mood they were in, I sensed something was wrong.

Before I could step in, Doctor Choi stuck out a hand, motioning for me to wait.

"Renjun ah, her vitals dropped this morning and it's been a long time already. You might need to have the  mental preparation that she won't-"

"And you didn't tell me?!" I was rigid with fury, the anger that churned within made my heart race. I felt my eyes twitch as the anger that boiled deep within turned into something else.

"Renjun, we-"

"Am I going to lose her?" I asked in a soft voice. I felt my knees wobble as my eyes shifted to the side and it became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. I blinked, letting them fall from my eyelids and slide down my cheek.

Why her, why her and not me? I can't lose her.

The doctor placed a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down.

"We're not saying that she's going to... but you need to prepare yourself. She wasn't doing well. Spend some time with her." I pushed him off and stormed into the room, unzipping the guitar bag.

She looked even paler than she usually did, she looked so small and vulnerable under the white blanket. My heart clenched and unclenched, as my palms turned clammy.

"Hana, you're doing well, please stay on. You know I learnt how to play the guitar from Jeno? I've always wanted to, and it really it quite fun." I positioned the guitar on my leg as I strummed a chord, familiarizing myself.

"I learnt a song on it too, it's called Dear Dream. Us dreamies composed it, we're awesome right?

For you my angel, Dear Dream.

Don't forget this
A faraway night
A star will confort you
That star will be me..."

Third Person P.O.V

Renjun's heavenly voice filled the room, echoing in the four walls. He wasn't a professional singer, yet everyone who heard his voice would think he was one. It was soft, breathy in all the right ways, rich with emotions. As Hana would have described it.

"I'll be your home...
Oh oh I'll be your home..."

He gently rocked along as he sang, his slender fingers stretching out for the harder chords while he easily aced the easy ones. He was pretty good for a beginner, and the melodious guitar sounds blended in with his voice well. Letting his gaze fall on Hana, his heart ached as he realized, this might as well be the last time he sang for her.