Chapter 51: Necklace

Once again, the hospital room was quiet as Renjun entered it, with Jisung trailing behind. It wasn't because Taeyong had asked him to follow Renjun, but because Renjun had requested it himself.

"It gets quiet sometimes," he had said the day before.

"Jisung, come on," the older boy beckoned for the younger one who was hesitant to enter the room.

He took small steps, reminding Renjun of the his first time in the suffocating room.

"Hyung, when is she going to wake up?" Jisung sat down warily and adjusted Hana's blankets. Renjun sighed and sat down too, stroking his hand through her hair and down her face. It's been weeks, yet there was still a tinge of light rose perfume left on the girl.

"Angel, I brought you a present today." Jisung looked at Renjun as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a box laced with velvet covering. So that was why he went out yesterday afternoon, he thought.

His shaking fingers opened the box, revealing a shiny silver necklace with a pair of angel wings as the charm. The light reflected off the thin jewellery as Renjun slowly brought it down to Hana's neck.

"It reminded me of you, an angel. A blessing to my life." His voice was soft and velvety, as if talking to a girl who was able to respond to every sweet gesture of her boyfriend.

He gently brushed Hana's hair to her side while Jisung propped the unconscious girl up against a pillow.

Renjun leaned over, slowly hooking the necklace onto her neck, Something stronger than butterflies battered recklessly against his stomach as his hand brushing against her smooth skin. With a click, the necklace was on Hana's neck. It was beautiful, complimenting her fair skin wonderfully. He may have been dreaming, as Renjun noticed the corner of her lips turn upward slightly.

He stared off into space as he let the monotonous beeping sound of the heart monitor echo around the room. Clasping Hana's hands into his, he laughed at how Hana's hands were almost as huge as his. Nothing like the typical boyfriend's-huge-hands-covers-girlfriend's-small-ones. Sitting at the side, Jisung started to worry. Was hyung going insane? He thought.

"No Jisungie, I'm not."

Oops, guess he just said that out loud.

"It just kind of happens when you miss someone a lot. Maybe you'll experience it when you're older."
Then turning to the girl, he held back the tears.

"Hana, I know you're a strong one. Please stay. Wake up soon. Love you Angel."