Chapter 43: Poison

Destroy what destroys you
No regrets, because they deserve it
———————————————————————————

Renjun P.O.V.

I bent over, catching my breathe as I saw Siyeon trying to sneak her free hand into her pocket.

"Oh no you don't," I murmured as I pounced onto her, the both of us crashing onto the ground with a yelp.

Before I could secure my arms around hers, she let out a scream, her eyes fixated on something behind me. Keeping my grip on her, I turned around. I almost let out a gasp at the dead body that laid on top of Hana and the hyungs standing behind her. It was Siyeon's dad. I faced her again as saw a shimmering layer of gloss over her eyes. However, fires of fury and hatred were soon smoldering in replacement in her small narrowed eye

"He's dead." She whispered as I felt her arms quiver beneath me.

"And it's all your fault."

Renjun dodged the fist that came his way before throwing one back.

"Pay for it."

Hana P.O.V.

I watched as the scene unfold in front of my eyes. All of the men that were fighting the rest of NCT had stopped; everyone's eyes were fixated on the two, including mine. A wave of anger washed over me and I pushed myself up, wanting to help Renjun.

Instead, a strong arm pulled me back.

"Don't," it was Jisung. I looked into his eyes which was full of worry and shook my head, motioning for him to let go.

"No one's helping them." Then, after a moment of hesitation, he added. "Siyeon won't win, she's wounded pretty badly and Renjun's much stronger." I turned my attention back to Renjun and Siyeon as Jisung pulled me back, pulling my arms that refused to listen to me.

Third Person P.O.V.

"You killed my dad!" Siyeon was beyond mad after witnessing the lost of her last immediate family member. She wrapped her arms around Renjun's neck, her blood pulsing through her veins vigorously.

"You killed my mum too! Now we're even, happy?" Renjun shot back, pushing off Siyeon with no difficulty. A look of panic washed over Siyeon, but it was gone before anyone could notice.

"How did you know?"

Renjun stood up, pushing back the tears.

"A little birdie told me."

Siyeon scoffed, another wave of pain hitting her shoulder. She watched the growing patch of red on her shirt and knew she didn't have much time left. She had to do it now.

"And I would want to know how. How did you kill her. She didn't seem-"

"Nothing a little strong poison won't do." Before Renjun could even finish his question, Siyeon had answered it. The entirety of NCT and Hana watching them had tensed up, not wanting to imagine Renjun's reaction to this. Many of them positioned themselves, ready to spring out to hold back the boy.

Before anyone could react, Siyeon had whipped out a syringe from her pocket, pointing it at Renjun.

"And sometimes, it should, no, needs to, run in the family."