Chapter 25

*Austin's POV*

"I love you!" Kristina yelled.

Not only did I stop in my tracks, but I slid in some mud too, making me fall down.

Kristina was still in my grip as I lay there. I couldn't process the words that she said.

"You what..?" I asked.

"I uh... I.."

She tried getting out of my grip as she stuttered, but I just held her tighter.

"Austin I-"

"I love you too." I said.

Her eyes grew round, but she didn't say a word. It was scaring me a bit.

Maybe she didn't mean it?

"Say something.. Anything.." I said.

I continued to lay on the ground, still waiting for some sort of response. As I realized I wasn't going to get one, I got up and helped Kristina as well.

Once she was off of the ground, I shoved my hands into my pockets and made my way to the door.

Halfway there, I felt a light tug on my hand. As I turned, I saw Kristina standing there biting her lip.

Damn.. That's adorable.

I couldn't help but walk back over to her and wrap my arms around her.

"Can I kiss you?" I whispered loud enough for her to hear over the rain.

She simply nodded and I placed my lips on hers. This kiss was something else.. It was full of.. Love.

It felt nothing like our usual kiss. But it did feel right. It was perfect in that moment, and the rain made it so much better.

I pulled away first. "God, I love you so much." I said.

"I love you too, Austin. I really do."

I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Good, because you scared me so badly when you wouldn't say anything to me."

She chuckled. "I was shocked that you said it back, that's all."

"Now," I started, "why wouldn't I say it back?"

She shrugged in response before kissing me again.

"Let's go inside, don't want the superstar getting a cold, now do we?" She mused.

I just laughed and shook my head.
-------
*Kristina's POV*

Once we were inside, we went into separate bathrooms and changed into our pajamas.

Once I was changed, I checked my phone and noticed that I had missed a call from Christina.

I wonder what she could want at this time of night?

I decided to call back even though I knew there was a chance that she's sleeping by now.

But to my surprise, she answered on the third ring.

"Finally!" She yelled, which caused me to take the phone away from my ear.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Can you come get me from the Miami airport?"

I was confused.

"You're in Miami? How'd you even get here?"

"I snuck out of the house and bought a plane ticket with the money in my safe." She said.

"You do realize that when your parents notice you're gone, they won't leave you alone until you come home, right?"

"They can't bug me if I change my phone number." She said.

"Are you sure this is all worth that, Christina?"

There was a long pause.

"I don't know, maybe. I'm a teenager. I need to make mistakes and my parents need to understand that, so can you and Austin come get me?"

I sighed heavily before saying, "Yeah, we'll be there soon, bye."

Just as I hung up, Austin came downstairs.

"We have to go to the airport, Austin."

"What? Why? You're not leaving me are you?" He sounded worried.

"No no no, nothing like that. Christina is there, we need to go get her."

He didn't ask any further questions, just grabbed his car keys and my hand before running through the rain once again.

It was only a five minute car ride, and I wanted to ask him a question before Christina got into the car.

"Why did you think I was going to leave you?" I asked.

"I don't know, honestly. Just hearing you say to take you to the airport and not knowing why scared me. Even if you wanted to leave, I would beg you to stay. I love you and I'm not ever letting you leave me."

I smiled.

"A guy like you is hard to leave. I promise."

He smiled at my response and nodded as we pulled into the parking lot of the airport.

"Let's go get your best friend, shall we?" He said in a British accent, which made me laugh.

As we ran towards the entrance, I could see Christina waiting for us. She met us halfway and hugged me.

"You're stupid, you know?" I said while laughing.

"Yeah, I am but that's all part of being a teenager."

"True." Austin butted in.

"Let's go home so we can sleep." I said.

Both of them nodded as we got back into the car.
--------

"I'll be in my room if you need me." Austin said.

Christina and I nodded in his direction before he came and engulfed me into a hug.

"I love you." He said, while kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I kissed his cheek.

"Night Christina." He said.

"Night big bro."

Once he made his way up the stairs, I turned to see Christina raise an eyebrow at me.

This is gonna be a long night.