Part 18

Italics- Lydia's voices

Lydia

Lydia was in the passenger seat as Felicity drove through the destruction of the city.

"Pull over!" Lydia shouted, seeing Oliver's figure in the distance. He opened the back of the van and got in with someone behind him. "Hi, Laurel," Felicity waved and Lydia smiled at her. "My dad and Stiles are safe," Laurel informed and Lydia let out a sigh of relief. "Thea will be fine," Lydia told Oliver. "Also, Diggle is with Roy and Sara came back," Felicity added. "But she's not alone," Lydia said, softly.

Felicity drove them to the hideout where Diggle and Sara were watching Roy's body. "Sara," Laurel greeted, giving her hug. Lydia heard Oliver's bow retreat as he pointed an arrow at someone. "Ollie, Nyssa's here to help," Sara told him and he put down his bow. He glared at them before going back to the team. "How's the cure coming?" He asked Felicity. "Cisco said that they sent someone and they're on their way," she explained. "Diggle, move Roy to the clock tower, and everyone will go back there," Oliver instructed. "Let's go meet up with the carrier."

Lydia was in the back with Oliver as Felicity drove down the streets, towards the city limits. The awkward silence filled the van as Felicity kept staring at Lydia through the rearview mirror. "We should keep our eyes on the road, on the lookout for the driver," Lydia said, picking at her nails. "What's going on?" Oliver asked but he got no response.

Holding onto the wheel, Felicity pulled out her phone and called the recent number. "Hey, where are you?" She asked, putting it on speaker. "I was in an accident," the man muttered. "A guy with an orange and back mask rammed his car into mine and took the case." "Slade has the cure," Felicity told them. "Hold on, we're coming," she reassured him. Lydia leaned over to the driver's seat and hung up the phone. "What was that for?" Felicity asked. "Don't bother going, he's about to be dead. Just head to the clock tower," she explained, looking at Oliver. "Let's go," he nodded.

——————

Lydia opened the latch into the clock tower to see the League, Diggle, and Sara waiting there, with Roy's body in the corner.

"Did you guys get it?" Diggle asked. "No. Slade has it," Oliver exhaled. "No, he doesn't," Lydia spoke up and everyone listened in. "Sebastian does." "That's the same thing," Felicity exclaimed. "No, because we can get it back," she said. "How?" Lydia pulled out her phone and held it up to her ear, "Hi Laurel," she greeted. "See, Sebastian Blood has the case that holds the cure." "I'm on it," Laurel said and she hung up the phone. "How do you know she can get it?" Diggle asked. "Don't doubt me."

It was a matter of time before the latch to the clock tower opened up and Laurel came in, with the case. "One of the soldiers ended up killing Sebastian and I was able to grab it and run," Laurel explained, setting the case down.

Oliver clicked the buckles and the case compressed open, revealing the blue cure. "This is it," he exhaled. "How do you know it works?" Sara asked, looking over his shoulder. Lydia caught Oliver's stare at Roy and knew what he was going to do next. He picked a vial up and put it in an injection arrow and went over to Roy's body. Felicity pulled out the needled that filled his body with Tibetan Pit Viper Venom and waited for the next move.

Lydia realized that Oliver was hesitant about injecting him with the cure as he hovered the needle above him. "Are you sure?" Diggle asked and Oliver's hand shook. Lydia sighed and grabbed the small arrow from Oliver's hand and stabbed it in his shoulder. Everyone gasped at her quick movement but she ignored it.

Lydia tapped Roy's cheek and he woke up. "What's going on?" He asked, looking around. "The city is on fire and we treated you," Lydia summarized bluntly. "You feel crazy?" "I feel fine," he said. Felicity flashed a light in his eyes and nodded that he was better.