Part 13

Italics- Oliver's dream

Oliver

It was early in the morning that Oliver was in a fresh suit at Queen Consolidated. Today, his mother was going to announce that she is running for mayor. A crowd of people, interviewers, and paparazzi were all on the first floor, surrounding a stage.

"Oliver," he heard a familiar voice say and he turned around. Lydia was standing there and the awkward tension started to build up. "I wanted to apologize for last night," she said. "It's alright. But can you tell me where all of that anger came from?" He asked.

Moira tapped the mic and everyone gave their attention to her as she started. Oliver turned back to Lydia, still waiting for an answer. "Uhm... a friend of mine..." she trailed off, looking at the stage. "Lydia, tell me," he started to get annoyed. "My psychotic friend asked me to help him find something and I found out that he had a daughter," she explained. "What does that have to do with me?" He asked. Lydia looked deeply into his blue eyes and said, "This time, it's your half-sister, Thea and the psychotic father is Malcolm Merlyn."

Oliver was baffled, shocked, and confused all at the same time. He heard his mother finish her speech and call for him to start his. Oliver turned around and went onto the stage. Moira gave him a hug and he whispered, "I know," before turning to the microphone. "Moira Queen," he began. There was a long pause and he looked at his mother then at Lydia. "Is a wonderful person and mother who will treat the city as her kids," and everyone in the crowd clapped.

——————

Oliver entered the Queen Mansion, looking for his mother and found her in the living room.

"Oliver!" Moira cried. She tried to hold his hands but he stepped back. "Malcolm Merlyn is Thea's father?!" He shouted, "How could you not tell me?! Lydia had to me, my therapist!" "I was feeling lonely at the time. It was an entanglement," she explained, which made Oliver even angrier. "An entanglement? What the hell is that?!" He took a pause. "Is it Thea Queen or Thea Merlyn?" He asked. "Thea Queen. Robert raised her as his own," she said. "Dad knew?! Oh my god," he started to pace himself back and forth. "Thea can't know about this," he said. "Yeah," Moira agreed. "I can't stand you right now," he told her. "What?" Moira asked. "I don't want to live with someone who lies about something so important," he said. "Goodbye," and Oliver walked out.

Oliver entered the hideout and punched the dummy with his fist and yelled in frustration. "Oliver are you okay?" Diggle asked as he entered, seeing his anger. "No." "Maybe you should have a session," he suggested. "Definitely not," he said firmly, sitting on a stool. "Do want to talk about it?" Diggle asked, leaning back and crossing his arms. Oliver didn't bother holding back, he just needed someone to talk to. "Malcolm Merlyn is Thea's father," he explained. Diggle stood up, his jaw down and his eyes wide. "Malcolm Merlyn?" He asked and Oliver nodded. "You're mother is telling you this now?" "Actually, Lydia told me. My mother wasn't planning on telling me," he said. "How do you feel about it?" Diggle asked. "That I'm not done," Oliver told him, leaving.

Oliver entered the Queen Mansion and went to where he last saw his mother. Just as his day was getting worse, it got dreadful. "Oliver," Moira called out, acting normal. "This is Slade Wilson," she introduced and he shook his hand firmly, managing a smile. The door rang and Moira excused herself to go open it. As soon as she was gone, Oliver pulled a switchblade from his pocket and tried to stab him but Slade gripped his wrist. "I suggest you drop it," he told him. In pain, Oliver dropped it.

Oliver stepped on the blade with his foot when his mother came back in. His heart completely sank and he exhaled when the guest entered. "Lydia, this is Slade Wilson," Moira introduced. Oliver noticed that Lydia was nervous when she offered her dominant hand then switched to her right hand for Slade to shake. "I'm ambidextrous as well," he smiled, his cheek raising his eye patch. "I'm only left-handed," she told him. "I love your accent, where are you from?" She asked. "I'm from Australia. Have you been?" He asked. "No." "It's beautiful," he smiled.