Chapter 31

NOTE: I have a new story called "SOMETHING SPECIAL" and I hope you guys will check it out.

Chapter 31
. . .
And shit had definitely hit the fan. They'd both been arguing for almost hours.

"You really don't trust me?" Pierce wept, a faint cry following along.

"It's not you I don't trust, it's the horny asshole." He cringed at the thought of his girl in the hands of a sick bastard.

"He's a good guy, Xavier." She smiled, a bigger grin than he had expected.

"He wants you Pierce. And he wants me out of the picture."

"You're paranoid. I love you and only you." She kissed his lips, in hopes of comforting him. No use, his mind was stuck on beating up the asshole.

"I love you, Pierce Montgomery. And don't you ever forget it."

And with that, he kissed her forehead and walked out the door, praying that tomorrow, she would still be his.

. . .

"You look gorgeous Pierce." Jesse picked her up in his Ferrari, a gift from his wealthy father. Jesse was always at ease when it came to finances and money. His father was a Senator and his mother was a best selling author. He grew up in the richer part of town and never was obliged to have a job. Yet, at the tender age of 15, he found himself a job as a busboy in a local pizzeria and started earning money for himself. Pierce always admired that trait in Jesse.

"You don't look half bad Jesse." She teased, with a casual smile. It was raining that day, winds blowing at full force. Through the drops of grueling rain, he finally managed to get to destination; a quiet café next to a vintage shop. It was deserted at first, when the owner opened up the shop. A couple of junkies came and flew by, but the cash register wasn't pumping. As time flew, the store was about to declare bankruptcy. But then, as a miracle, a limousine, filled with important clientele, broke down in front of the café during a snowstorm. Coffees were bought and enjoyed with bliss. Next thing you know, people were flowing in, the place packed every day.

"So, you and that dude..." He trailed off while checking the menu.

"Xavier." She completed, while taking a sip of her ice cold water.

"Right... so, things are good?"

"Yeah..." She didn't want to get into this with him. Not today anyway.

"He treats you well?"

"Like a princess." She hoped that would shut him up, but sadly, the questions just came coming on.

"He respects you?"

"Yes Jesse." Annoyance was hitting her voice. Who was he to question her relationship? He's interrogating her more than her father and that's saying something. But then again maybe she should quit being so rude; he was only trying to show he cared as her best friend.

"It's just that..." He then trailed off.

"What?" Pierce could feel something off in the way he'd said that, it didn't feel right. It had an air of arrogance around it, of disapproval.

"He doesn't seem like your type. At all." He shared his concerns, rather smugly.

"Oh, I have a type now?" She seemed perplexed by this statement. An eye brow raised and eyes storming with anger.

"I just thought you had better judgment." He shrugged, as if it was nothing, as if he hadn't just insulted her or her choice. Or her Xavier.

"What are you talking about?" Confusion imprinted on her eyes, the rage still but slowly subsiding for the moment.

"Oh come on Pierce, the guy's an asshole." Jessie explained, his arms raising in the air to emphasise his point.

"What?"
Yeah... she was lost.
And annoyed.
And livid.

The anger was just BURNING inside of her, clawing it's way out.

"He's a jerk. No more to say." He took a sip of his espresso, waiting for her to react.

"And what makes you think that?" She folded her arms, defensively. Trying to stay cool.

"He seems like a playboy, a womaniser. The way he talks to you or even handles you is demeaning"

"You know fucking what Jesse? Xavier has to be some kind of Saint. At least everyone complains about their life but when I think about it Xavier never has out lout. Not even about how hard he's had it. He just does it and gets on with it. I admire that about him. He doesn't act like he's gone through the traumas he has. He doesn't cry about it, he doesn't advertise it and he doesn't expect anyone to sugar coat things for him. He refuses to even let me,
his girlfriend, whisper sweet nothings into his ear when talking about it so that's 1 of the thousands of reasons to why he's NOT a 'playboy' and a 'womaniser', yes he used to be, but key word there Jesse is USED, as in past tense. People change, we both know that. And yes he's an asshole and a jerk at times, but you know what? He's MY asshole and MY jerk. Just like I'm HIS."

"He doesn't deserve you" He challenged, even though he hesitated seeing how strong and full of life her feelings for him are.

"Oh, and who does?" She furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for a reply. She took a nice gulp of water, still waiting. His answer shocked her.

"Me"

And with that, a spit of water flew back, crashing on his face.

Oh fucking Damn.