Chapter 37

Chapter 37
. . .

Pierce was wandering through the woods, the wedding went really well but she just needed a break. Her mind was wandering over the last few months of being officially together with Xavier.
So much was happening in both their lives. She fell in love with him, something she'd vowed to never do, but she wasn't sure if she was capable of showing that love to him or not. I mean for someone who'd never truly seen love how could she herself show it?

Xavier appeared in front of her and pushed her up against a tree.
"Where do you think you're going?" He whispered in her ear.
"Home." Pierce decided to say, her heart racing, afraid of what he was going to do to her in a public setting. Instead of telling her off, he looked up into Pierce's eyes and kissed her forehead, then her cheeks. Pierce's eyes fluttered shut, her stomach erupting with butterflies and her pulse racing. Xavier moved on to her neck, leaving gentle teasing kisses, Pierce could feel her body burning. His kisses ignited her. And then she finally grabbed hold of the back of his neck, leaned him down and crashed their lips together. Xavier didn't waste a single moment and kissed Pierce back with just as much passion. He pushed her further into the tree and pushed himself closer to her, their was no physical space between them at all. It seemed like Pierce wanted the same thing as she jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist. Her hands tangled in his hair. Small moans coming out from each of their mouths, the volume of the sound increasing when Xavier bit Pierce's lip.

They pulled away, foreheads leaning on each other, breathing rapid.
"Don't ever leave me." He whispered, kissing her again and with one hold, he held her face in his hands. "Let's move away when you finish school." he whispered, again.
Pierce stared at him with wide eyes. "What?"
"You've been asking me what would happen between us in the future. This is what I want. What I need. You. You could stay with me and you could live with me...and just be with me."

"What are you saying Xavier? You want me to move in with you?" She asked him, confused. Pierce thought he never left his mind drift into a future with her, but clearly it was quite the opposite. He'd always change the subject when she'd bring it up, maybe she just hadn't realised he was too nervous to talk about it?

"I know I have a strange way of showing it Pierce but I believe that you're my happy ever after, that I am in love with you and you're the only thing I am capable of loving." He whispered to her again.
"Xavier, oh baby, I love you too. And we'll work it out. I finish school in a few weeks, we both know that. But I doubt my answer will be no." Xavier smiled as Pierce did. He picked her up and layed her on the ground, gently getting on top of her. Kissing her lips gently, he caressed the side of her face. Xavier gazed down at the girl next to him within the woods, her ebony brown hair cascading down the leaves, as her face folded into his chest. Her eyelashes thick, her eyeliner smudged from the crying at the wedding and lipstick staining her lips crimson. He couldn't help but stare at her in awe as her small hands still grabbed on tightly to his shirt as her breath slowed and her eyelids fluttered shut. She was so damn beautiful. She seemed damn near impossible but she was even more beautiful than a nymph. She was perfect. His own little piece of perfection in a world of chaos.

And it was in that moment he realised something.

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.

And that moment, under the stars, in the twilight sky of the woods, he knew. He knew this was his 'the one' and he'd be proposing to her soon. Soon.