Chapter 34

Chapter 34

. . .

Pierce first went to the breath-taking place Xavier had shown her. She figured he might be there since it reminded him of his mother. Surely enough, when she got there, nobody was to be found. She then decided to check at his apartment. She sped through the New York City traffic and finally arrived. As she rang the doorbell, a twenty something year old guy answered the door. He did, in fact, resemble Xavier... in some ways, but not enough to have them confused.

''Hi. Umm, I'm looking for Xavier...is he here?" She asked with hesitation.

"No, he's not here right now.'' He replied, leaning on the doorway. "You his girlfriend or something?"

"Or something, it's complicated. Do you have any idea where he is?" She pleaded, trying to hide her concern.

He went back into the apartment and came back a few minutes later. "Here." he handed Pierce a ripped piece of paper "He hangs out there all the time. You might catch him if you're quick enough."

"Thank you!" She exclaimed, a small smile forming on the curves of her lips.

"No problem." And with that, he closed the door.

Short, curt and simple, yup, he was definitely related to Xavier.
. . .

Pierce finally reached her destination after circling the area about 5000 times. The place had a strange feeling to it.. Dark walls caught her attention. It was on the complete other side of town, a place where Pierce didn't necessarily like visiting. As she was about to knock on the door, she hesitated, not knowing what to say. She took her courage in her hands and knocked.

She could hear footsteps on the other side of the door. She took another look at the address just to make sure she hadn't gone to the wrong apartment.

"What do you want?" said a voice along with a vicious snarl. Xavier emerged from the smokey room. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked awful.

"Um...I really missed you and I wanted to apologise."

"I think it's a little too late for that. You did what you did already."

She began to get angry. Why was he judging her over her past?

"What the fuck do you want me to do about it? It was two fucking years ago!"

"Don't get angry with me, why don't you just go fuck Jesse again!" He shot back.

" Really Xavier? Really?", she said seriously, "You're mad at me because I made a mistake two years ago! You shouldn't be the one talking! You fucked almost every girl in my god damn school!" she fired, letting all her anger out. "I'm so tired of all of this! I'm done... hate me all you want. Go back to fucking every female being with a pulse." Tears were escaping her eyes, one by one gliding down her rosy cheek.

And with that she began to walk away from Xavier Dalton, nothing was worth this pain.

She only got three steps away when something pulled her wrist back.

He pulled his arms around her waist. He pressed the side of her head to his muscular chest.

"I'm so sorry." he pleaded. "I don't know what I was thinking. I love you and I just wanted you all to mys-"

His words were interrupted by her lips. "Shh," she whispered against his luscious lips. She smiled as she put her finger to his lips. "It's okay. I love you too Xavier."

All she cares was that she had him back.

He cupped her face with his hands. He took a deep breath, he had to ask her this, this was do or lose.

"Just tell me one thing: Tell me that you don't have any feelings for that ass, Jesse."

"I don't have any feelings for him Xavier. It's you and only you that I love. What Jesse and I had was history, it's done. I love you. I think about you in the most bizarre places. I think about you while I'm stopped at a traffic light, thinking what we'd say to each other or about the sweet quick kiss before the light turned green again.
I think about you while I'm passing by a house, envisioning our once talked about life together. How we'd have everything set, what colour the door would be as it welcomed you home after a long day at work. Being able to wake up to that magnificent smile of yours, those breathtaking eyes that could steal my soul and I'd never think about it again. Your intoxicating laughter and voice, that I could listen to for my entire life and never wish to hear another thing again. And the pair of pretty, pink, and full lips you have that I want to claim my body as yours and yours only. Getting drunk off the taste of your candied lips is all I want.
I think about you while shopping for groceries. Wanting nothing more than to pick up the things you crave, to go home and prepare your favorite meal. Or on Friday nights, how we'd disconnect ourselves from the world and focus on one another. I think about you all day, everyday. The thought of you makes my heart skip a beat and my love for you is unconditional and everlasting.

It's you.

It's been you since the moment we met.

And when I say that I mean you mean everything to me. You are my first thought in the morning when I wake up; my last thought before I go to bed. When I study, there you are on my mind. When I'm at school, all of a sudden your name's written on the corner of my paper or cover of my jotter. You are everywhere and you are everything. When I go to sleep, I'm going to sleep with you on my mind, and in my heart."

He kissed her softly, still cupping her face. He was rendered speechless. He didn't know she felt for him as deeply as he does for her. She kissed back but soon pulled away. "Wait. Does this mean you're coming back?" she questioned.

He removed his hands from around her waist and turned his head away. "Xavier?", she turned his face back to hers.

He took her hand and led her into his apartment. He guided her towards the couch. "No," she pulled her hand away,"I don't wanna sit."

"Okay then, we'll stand. Look Pierce, I just don't wanna go back there. I don't need to be there. I'm tired of all the stress."

"Xavier, what about school? You know, the establishment where you're supposed to get an education...?!"

"I don't need school. It's not like I was getting good grades anyway."

"That's why you need to go back. Come on Xavier. Do it for me," she walked toward him and put her arms around his neck, "Please." She gave him puppy dog eyes.

He tried to stay strong, but he just couldn't. He sighed and she smiled. "You don't know what you do to me, girl. You make me crazy, Pierce."

She pecked him. "I know." she giggled. "You should know... David hasn't stopped harassing me to be his girlfriend. What do you wanna do about it?" She kissed his lips, knowing her boyfriend will protect her.

"I'll teach that bitch a lesson." Xavier glared into an open space as he thought of what he would do to his former friend.

Pierce sighed "Xavier just forget about him, you already taught him his lesson. When he sees you're back, he'll leave me alone."

"I don't think so. It seems he hasn't learned his lesson. This will be a review."

"Whatever." She laughed and hugged him.

No one would understand the extent of her feelings for Xavier. She herself didn't understand them.