Chapter 18

Chapter 18

{Let's all send up a silent prayer for Xavier first too see if he survives Pierce's wrath.}

...

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" She spat, glaring deathly at me. She was angry, no not even angry, she was livid. She was burning with fury but god, was she hot, she was ethereal.

"Look Pie---" I began and of course she had too cut me off, damn this women never let me speak out.

"DONT YOU FUCKING GIVE ME EXCUSES YOU ASSHOLE!" She seethed out, her words dripping with venom.

I had no idea what she wanted me too do so I decided too try speaking again.

"Im not try---"

And I fail. Her voice interrupting me again.

"How long?" She whispered, looking at her now the anger was gone. But it was so much worse. She looked.. defeated. Never a look I ever imagined too see on Pierce. She always had a burning light in her, even in her darkness.
I didn't know how too handle this side of her so I decided too play it dumb.

"What?" I asked her, feigning a confused tone.

"HOW LONG WAS THE BET?" She shouted, tears pouring out of her eyes. Now this was new. The tears had me lost completely.

"Um..." I looked around, not wanting to answer, not wanting too see the pain I'd caused her. The tears I made happen.

"ANSWER ME XAVIER!" she screamed, or screeched. Either way I was deafened and surprised.

"Um... well... I was supposed to keep you busy the night of the homecoming dance. But uh then it changed.. It was he meant too last the rest of the uh school years." I spazzled, not wanting to see the tears in her eyes but sounding like a ridiculous idiot with my constant hesitating.

'"So it was all a lie. Nice." She nodded sarcastically and scoffed "Should've known."
She sighed, drying the tears off her cheeks.

I decided to begin again. Anything was better than this tense silence, racking me with even more guilt and shame.
And maybe dread.. dread that.. I'd lose her. Which I couldn't ever let happen for some odd reason.

"Look Pierce, I didnt mean to---"

But of fucking course she had too cut me off. Now I was getting pissed. But I didn't have the right too be, not really. This was all my fault, my doing.

"To do this to me? You didn't mean to hurt me? BULLSHIT! That's a load of fucking bullshit and you know it. Face it, you're an asshole and I'm a bigger ass for trusting you." she muttered, pain encasing each and every syllable.

I knew I had too act fast before i lost her forever so I walked over too her and held her by her shoulders.

"Pierce Montgomery, I-." I'd started too say something but then changed my mind and said "I care about you..." I tried and tried to convince her.

"BULLSHIT!" And with that she shoved me away. Her eyes burning with pain and betrayal.
"You never cared about me. But just one question, Xavier."

"Shoot." I told her. She deserved to know everything.

"What was the reward if you accomplished the bet?" She asked, looking down. Clearly, she didnt want to hear the answer, but she deserved to know.

"I dont think you---" I started and this time I expected her too cut me off.

"TELL ME!" She yelled.

"Pot..." I sighed, now completely ashamed of myself. Who would have thought the great bid bad Xavier Dalton would feel like the lowest scum on earth? But her reaction. That's what would undo me. I could feel it. This fight, would be the thing that changes my life around now.

"Oh, well that's just great! Pot... and I thought you stopped doing drugs?! You lied to me? Why am I surprised?!" She exclaimed, tears forming under her eyelids.

God, no. No more of her tears. They'd be breaking my heart if I actually had one.

Great. I'm an even bigger ass.

"Pierce, I did it for David." I told her. But of course she never believed me.

"Charming excuse. Not liable!" She glared deathly.

"Pierce, I'm so sorry..." I began. But even during my most sincere apology ever, or maybe my first she cut me off. God dammit women!

"Yeah me too Xavier. Me too" She sighed and shook her head. She then looked over at me and glared deeply. Those emerald eyes were burning my heart. She got into her car and drove away, leaving me with my thoughts.

God. Was I an ass. I raked my hands roughly through my hair. I wouldn't be surprised if I went bald. I moved away and punched some persons car smashing their mirror not caring about the glass through my first.
The physical pain was a welcome relief.

...

I drove far. Far from this cruel world. Tears were pouring out my soul, but I just ignored them. My heart was aching, I ignored it. My head was tumbling, go to hell with it. I was numb. Sad, duddy music was playing from my stereo. I didn't care about anything at this point on.

"Fuck you Pierce." I whispered to myself.
How could I possibly fall for him? How could I give him my most intimate parts? Most importantly, how could I give him my heart?

Those questions were haunting me. He looked so sincere when he pronounced those love words to me. When he kissed me, I felt as if I was on cloud nine. When he touched me, my body was electrifying; when he talked to me, my heart was melting piece by piece. God, How sappy am I?

I sighed and checked in the glove compartment for any cigarettes. What the hell! Without luck, but I did find something I wished to never find. A picture of Taylor and I at the homecoming dance. Tears emerged, as I was thinking of the activities that followed that picture. I sighed and drove all the way to the local park. The wind was blowing, but the lake was flowing. I took the picture with my two hands and approached the border of the river. I sighed and felt the wind blowing on my neck. I closed my eyes, taking it all in.

"One.Two.Three." And with that, I let the picture go, and in the water. The wind was blowing it far, far away from me.

If only I could do that with Xavier.

...

Xavier had been wrong about one thing though. He'd thought the fight had turned his life upside down but he was wrong. Pierce had done that. She'd turned his world upside and he was now realising how much he's come to Lo-like that. He'd fix this mess. He'd get her back.

He wasn't Xavier bad boy Dalton for nothing.