Chapter 3

Chapter 3

...

"Um... a good friend of mine." I lied. Truth was, I had nobody. Not that I needed a stupid hormonal crazed boy to escort me (I am a very active feminist), but yes, everybody had to have an escort. Necessarily, not a boyfriend or any potential lover for that matter.

Simply, a guy with a good name and a nice reputation. Oh what am I saying! You had to have the hottest, smartest, awesome-est boy you could find in a very short delay. It was nearly impossible for any average girl, but for the elite, it was as easy as pie.

I was never interested in any guy of our age category. I always thought of them as immature idiots who only cared about sex. Call me pretentious or completely crazy, but I always was attracted to older, more sophisticated men. People called me the Cher, from the movie Clueless, of this century.

She was always an inspiration to me, even though she was simple bran of imagination from a Hollywood writer. Nether the less, it was mandatory for me to get myself a decent boy by next Saturday.

"Pierce. You do know the girl who arrived with the best escort does get the privilege to call herself the leader?" Beth asked me. Boy, how I am tired of her statements, thinking I have no clue about anything that's happening in our paisley school.

"Sure I know." I nodded, showing off one of my best fake smiles.

"And do you know I plan on winning that privilege?" Beth suddenly shot me a cold glare.

Oooo... this is war.

...

After our 3rd period was completed, instead of heading over to the cafeteria, I decided to step outside, breathe some fresh air and vent my feelings to the wind.

I opened the front doors and headed to the back of the school, the quietest place in New-York City. The only place you were secluded from the whole entire world. I took out my iPod Touch and plugged my pink earphones in my two ear holes and pressed play on my device. The soothing sound of Nickelback blasted through my ear, sending the deep meaningful lyrics in my brain to process.

I stayed silent, quietly listening to the tempo itself. I glanced around, noticing every person outside; most of them were the normal emos and potheads. Even with an all-girls institution, we still had our share of druggies. I shook my head and walked up to the fence, also known as the sacred barriers that defined the lines of boundary with St-Catherine & Josh Hamilton High. J.H.H is an all-boy high school, also integrated in the elite academies of North America. Ever since the beginning of time, the two schools were fond enemies; at least, the principals were.

The students just followed the golden rule, which was to never interact with them or walk in their territory. We were forced a line the day we entered freshman year. If to ever break the sacred rule, we would commit a sin. Detention wasnt going to cover it. At that point, we would be facing suspension or expulsion, at the very least.

"Well lookie here. Ms. Popularity" A familiar voice pounded through the holes of the 100 year old fence.

"Well. If it isn't Mr. BadBoy Dalton." Pierce smirked

"First time I see you outside. You finally managed to escape your possy?" Xavier questioned sarcastically, his eyes filled with orderable manners.

"Ha.Ha.Ha. What about you? Aren't you supposed to be high or something right now?" Pierce opinionated.

"Getting there honey. Now tell me... why are you outside, far from your determined land?" Xavier asked while taking another puff of his kill toy, that being a cigarette.

"Just so happens, I need fresh air once in a while. You probably wouldn't know about it, you're constantly with your killer." Pierce tracked down his cigarette and her face held a look of pure disgust

"You never tried it. How can you be so sure its bad for you?" Xavier asked her, his breath forming a smokey 'O'.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Pierce looked right at him, with a pure false image

"The good girl swears!" Xavier faked gasped "Whatever. I'm out" He scrambled the cigarette with his foot and left the burning smoke still there dissolve with the cold winter wind.

Pierce looked at him, bewildered. Something about that boy intrigued her... a certain je-ne-sais-quoi. And Pierce was soon going to find out what it was.