Chapter 13

Chapter 13
...

"So, what makes you tick?" Xavier asked her while taking a bite out of his plate.

"Excuse me?" Pierce asked, confused by the question.

"You always seem so relaxed. I wanted to know what made you tick?"

"Well, for starters, you make me tick I guess." she told him with wide eyes.

"Oh really? In a bad way?" He asked, leaning over the table, inching closer to her.

"Nah, in a good way." she told him gently.

"Well that's cool to know. What else?" Xavier asked, smirking like he usually had.

"I don't know. Probably this whole echelon of superiority at school. It's crazy. I mean, it's all so idiotic when you think about it. We need a freaking leader to tell us from bad to good. We should prone individuality, not conformism." Pierce shook her head in despair

"Some pretty wise words." Xavier commented.

"Well you should know I have one big mouth. I talk and talk, but most of the time, it's with purpose." She told him cheekily.

"Good to know baby." He smirked and took a sip out of his beer.

"Ok Bad Boy. I wanna know something." Pierce asked yet told him, smiling.

"Shoot."

"Tell me this, there has been this rumour that you have banged every girl in my school. Can you confirm that?"

Xavier scanned her eyes before he have an answer. She just seemed to be curious like most would be. Maybe he was hoping he'd see a part of her that wanted him to deny that rumour. He didn't know whether to lie or not, each answer cost him something; if he told the truth, she'd think he was honest. If he lied, he'd lose the bet.

"Well technically, no I haven't. I didn't get you yet." Xavier simply said, the truth was implied.

"So am I just a game?" Pierce asked, scared of his answer and then hitting her head mentally for sounding so heart broken.

"Let's just say this; If you would've been just 'a game', I wouldnt have taken the time to get to know you, now would I?" Xavier replied with a certain charm.

"Well said Dalton." Pierce commented, smiling softly.

"I know right?" He popped his collar, making Pierce laugh. Her giggle was infectious. He smiled at her, not being able to get over the fact he had won her over. It took two years to do so, but he finally had it.

The dance had been two years ago. David's bet got even better when David told Xavier that Beth wanted Pierce to be distracted for the rest of her high school life and Xavier basically cried from joy of getting to spend another 3 years with her. In those two years that went by, he took every chance he could to flirt with her, scare guys away from her, make her laugh, make her smile, make her happy and make her his.

"You ready to go gorgeous?" Xavier asked, taking out his wallet.

"Xavier, you don't have to pay for me. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." Pierce was about to get out her wallet, but Xavier stopped her.

"You'll pay me back later baby, in bed."
Xavier kissed her cheek and left the money on the table. He opened the door for her and she gracefully entered the car.

Xavier drove off, finding a decent hotel to stay in for the night. Normally, in this situation, he would've taken any cheap motel on the corner of the highway. But tonight, with her, he wanted it to be special. He had no idea why all those feelings were emerging inside of him, but he kinda liked it.

They checked in at Le Grand Hotel, a chic hotel in the downtown district. They got into the room and Pierce couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with everything.

But the crazy thing was, she knew she was ready to do it.
With Xavier Dalton.