Chapter 25

Chapter 25

...

"Whatever, Xavier." She shook her head, tears gliding down her cheeks.

As he looked at her walk away, he couldn't help but feel one hundred daggers in his heart. He never opened up to anybody. He was always a loner, in a metaphorical meaning. But as he looked at his baby, with pain and sadness, he couldn't let her walk away like that. From his heart.

"My mother left me when I was younger." He shouted, getting her attention. "And I never trusted anybody since that." He looked down, remembering the events that were held that precise night; The fighting, the screaming matches, the physical abuse, the swearing, the blood, and that blew the last straw for Xavier's mother.

Pierce was dumbstruck. She turned on her heels, facing him, with a large distance. Quietly, she walked over.

"She left us. She left me. And since...I can't trust anybody." He looked down.

"Xavier. You can always trust me. I love you and I care about you." Pierce looked into his marble eyes. They were glistening with vulnerability. At that moment, Pierce learned something about Xavier that she never thought she would.

He had one weak point.

His mother.

"I think I better drive you back home before your dad throws a hissy fit." Xavier chuckled

"Yeah, let's not take any chances on that one." She smiled and pecked her boyfriend's lips softly "Thank you for opening up. I know it's not easy for you."

"You're my girl, you deserve to know." He hugged her sideways and kissed her forehead.

"Cheesy, so incredibly cheesy." She giggled, leading the way back to his car.

"But you love it baby."

"Yeah, continue thinking that, bad ass."

"I will, thank you very much." He opened the car door for her, letting her slip in whilst grinning.

"Back to hell." She sighed, as Xavier started up the car.

"Oh come on, your dad loves you."

"Are you blind?! He barely acknowledges me." She scoffed, sadness rushing through her petite body.

"Percy, he loves you. He protects you from bad guys. He cares about you, I can tell."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear it but thinking over the familiar nickname 'Percy'.

"Stubborn ass. He mocked her, teasingly.

"You calling me an ass, Dalton?" She glared at him.

"No, just saying you're stubborn as hell." He smiled, his witty charm taking power.

"Know-it-all" She teased him.

"Oh, so now I know everything. Nice."

"Ugh, shut up and drive." She rolled her eyes, playfully.

"You're so cliché." He commented, chuckling.

And with that, they didn't stop bickering the whole ride home. Hey, no relationship is perfect.

~~~~

"I'm home." Pierce cried out, dropping her purse on the wooden floor "Where the hell is everybody?" She said to herself, looking around. When she entered the living room, what she saw, she was scarred for life. Her father and his slutty girlfriend; making out.

"Ugh, are you trying to scar me for the rest of my life?" She rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Pierce, please sit down" Her father instructed her.

"What do you want?"

"We have some news to share with you." Her father smiled, a first.

"Shoot." She leaned on the leather sofa, trying to contemplate what was the deep dark secret.

"Come on Jennifer." Her father kissed his girlfriend's cheek, all too willingly.

"Pierce, I want you to know I care about you."

"Ugh, whatever." The teenager rolled her eyes, yet again in disgust.

What could she do; the woman disgusted her.

"Pierce. Be nice" Her father glared in her direction.

"Can we get this over with?"

"With pleasure. Pierce, book no plans for June 24th." Her father plainly said

"Why? We going on a vacation or something?" She asked, confused

"No. We're having the wedding that day."

"WHAT?" She shouted as loud as she could, probably waking up half of New York City.

"We're getting married!" Jennifer exclaimed, showing off her 20 carat ring.

Again...WHAT?!