Chapter 180

Chapter 180 Feeling Ashamed, They Returned to Duke Zhenguo's Manor

Mo Huawen stood by the opening of the gate, although he was the last person the duchess expected to show up – it should have been the old madam, surrounded by servants and maids. The duchess was amazed by his improper behavior. After all, Mo Huawen was a man and shouldn't greet her at the gate.

Those who didn't know the truth might think they were having an affair for him to greet her warmly in person.

Mo Huawen's wife was dead and he could get married again, but duchess wouldn't marry anymore . Besides, in order to help his son become a duke, she not only couldn't get married, but also had to act faithfully. She definitely couldn't have improper relations with a man outside of Duke Zhenguo's manor.

She couldn't imagine Mo Huawen would humiliate her like a rascal. Was this supposed to be done by a third-class official?

"Let's go back to our manor!" she said through gritted teeth. She held the nanny's hand and hurried into the carriage without greeting Mo Huawen, who had a slight smile. The carriage turned back, and she hurried back to the manor with the servants of Duke Zhenguo's manor.

Sitting in the carriage, the duchess let out her anger and slammed the table so hard that the teacup fell.

The duchess's confidant, Nanny Tian, picked up the teacup and poured the remnant tea into the barrel under the table. Then she lifted the boiled water by the other side and made another cup of tea, placing it in front of the duchess.

"Madam, don't be worried. Many people know about yesterday's incident. It's not like the one in Mo Manor with only a few servants seeing it, which could be easily solved with some warnings. An unmarried girl hugged a man by the side of the road. She was saved and even stayed in that man's bedroom for a whole night, which a hundred mouths could not explain away. With such a scandal spread, she had no other choice except for being a concubine in our manor. Once she marries into our manor, her life will be in your hands."

"That little bitch Mo Xuemin has no good manners, nor did her father. No wonder he had such a disgraceful daughter who seduced her younger sister's husband. She was a disgraced bitch, indeed. She couldn't be a good daughter in such a family and should be honored to be a concubine in our family," The duchess said.

"Yes, you're absolutely right. By the time she is in our manor, you'll have plenty of time to teach her. A concubine's daughter can't be well-behaved at all. There was no main wife in Mo Manor, and thus all the misses are taught like concubines. You shouldn't be too worried in case you hurt yourself. There is a long way to go!" Nanny Tian said with a smile.

After Nanny Tian's words, the duchess felt a little better and sipped at her tea. Her eyebrows creased as she set the cup down. "I wonder how Yun'er's wound is doing. Even though he could survive this time, that wound on his face will stay with him forever."

Though the doctors took care of it last night, some of the doctors shook their heads and said that there might be a scar left on His Excellency's face, which made the duchess very worried.

The wound and the scandal would shame him for life!

"Madam, don't worry. When I went out this morning, I heard that they brought in a specialist. It is said that, with proper rest, the wound on His Excellency's face may not leave a scar." Nanny Tian said with a smile. This morning, madam had stormed to Mo Manor, so she didn't dare to say much.

"There might be no scar on Yun'er's face?" the Duchess asked, surprised.

"Yes, madam, with appropriate rests. The wound wasn't that serious," Nanny Tian said.