Chapter 30: Xuetong Interferes in the Defense in the Study

"Something has come up at home tonight. Will arrive tomorrow. Father is already suspicious. I hope you can bring people to the temple tomorrow. If Father sends someone to investigate the matter, they can take the punishment and you will be fine. We will speak in detail in person." The note was signed off with Xuemin of the Mo Family.

Mo Lan was stunned when she heard what Mo Xuetong said. She took a deep breath after a while and muttered, "Miss, is this how you are sure that those two people would fix their sights on First Miss?"

Mo Xuetong pushed herself into a sitting position and took the tea that Mo Lan handed her. She took a sip and said lightly, "Those are all rich sons that Sima Lingyun hang out with. They don't do much usually and only know how to fight amongst themselves. How would they let this go?"

The two people were considered Sima Lingyun's scoundrel friends. In her past life, she had once heard Sima Lingyun recount several vicious things that he did and got the two to do for him. People like them were used to fighting viciously. Sima Lingyun did not have power right now and they would not let this go for Sima Lingyun.

They had been tricked up the mountain and then been beaten for Mo Xuemin. It would be weird if they did not seek revenge on Mo Xuemin.

However, she did not expect them to have done it so nicely. They even stole Mo Xuemin's pouch. That's right. Sima Lingyun would not have thought to bring them up to the mountain if they did not behave so roguishly usually. However, they had not expected to land themselves into trouble because of their behavior. Revenge was swift.

"Miss, will First Miss sense that you..." Mo Lan suddenly recalled something and asked uneasily.

"Eldest Sister would definitely guess something. She had planned to plot against me but was plotted against by someone else. How can she not suspect me..." Mo Xuetong's finger tapped against the colorful patterns on the cup in her hand with a smile on her lips.

"Then what are we going to do?" Mo Lan asked.

"But why would that matter? She would not dare to say some things openly and I will not say them either. She has to vouch for me in front of Father too." There was a trace of coldness in Mo Xuetong's eyes. Mo Xuemin would not dare to drag the matter out. If she made a fuss about it, she would be the one on the losing end.

Colluding with a man outside the family to ruin her younger sister's reputation!

Mo Xuemin would not dare to bear this name. She had to taste the bitter fruits of her labor.

Of course, she would not hope that this would be a fatal blow to the beautiful snake that was Mo Xuemin. However, she could start to dissolve Mo Xuemin's position in their father's heart. Or perhaps, there might be unexpected gains... She had never underestimated Mo Xuemin. She was an opponent more difficult to deal with than Auntie Fang. She had learnt her lesson in her past life.

Inside Mo Xuemin's Fuqing Garden, the roses were at full bloom in the corridor. They were flowers Mo Xuemin had taken from You Yuecheng. She treated them like treasure and even watered them herself. She would spend time to prune the flowers and felt that she resembled the flowers greatly. Elegant and beautiful, and in its quietness, seemed gracious and noble. They were just like her, born to be taken care of and admired.

However, she kicked the pot of roses over the moment she entered. The blooming roses smashed onto the ground and sand scattered messily. They did not look as beautiful as before. Mo Xuemin was enraged and she could not help but take a few steps forward and pulverized the roses on the flower with her feet.

What gentleness and beauty, what graciousness and benevolence? She only knew that she had been a clown today that had been played by the sickly and dying slut.