Chapter 51: Spending the Night in the Palace

"It is still early, The Empress might have something on later. Let's wait a little more. As civilians, how dare we do things rashly without Her Majesty's orders?" Mo Xuemin seethed with anger. Her plot had been in vain. How would she be willing to leave just like that? This was especially when King Chu's handsome eyes had been focused on her. It was obvious that he was not disinterested in her. She did not believe that King Chu would not like her since she was beautiful.

"Eldest Sister, Father told me that we have to go after the banquet ended. If you wish to stay in the palace, then I will leave first so that Father will not worry." Mo Xuetong frowned lightly, her eyes sparkled while her expression made it seem as if she felt as if she was put in a difficult place. The ladies by the side heard something that sparked their interest.

The lady who spoke sharply immediately spoke up, "Third Miss Mo, did First Miss Mo not come to the palace with you? She did not even hear Lord Mo's orders. Could it be that she entered the palace with someone else?"

It was already odd that a concubine's daughter could attend the Flower Appreciation Banquet. If she had entered the palace with someone else, then it was even odder.

The smile on Mo Xuemin's face froze and her face suddenly paled. The question, when asked in front of King Chu, made it obvious that she was interested in marrying into the royal family. This was not an easy question to answer. Should she reply or not? While Mo Xuemin had a quick mind, she was stunned by the question and could not answer it.

"Miss, Miss, you're awake. That's great. The imperial physician is here." Mo Jin appeared at just the right time and distracted the others. Everyone turned to look at the entrance of the pavilion and Mo Xuemin heaved a secret sigh of relief. A eunuch and an imperial physician appeared not far away. Mo Jin was leading them towards the pavilion.

The ladies all backed away politely. Mo Xuetong hesitated a little and was about to rise and leave when she heard Feng Yuxuan say, "Third Miss Mo, please don't leave first. Wait for the diagnosis first and see what the situation is like first!"

Feng Yuxuan had already spoken. It would make her look unreasonable if she left.

Mo Xuetong backed away to stand at a corner.

Mo Xuemin naturally did not have to leave. She sat down and waited for the imperial physician to diagnose her.

The imperial physician did not find anything wrong with her. He only mentioned that she was weak after drinking and had caught a cold. She would be fine after some rest.

This was very well spoken. How long would some rest take? Would she only be able to leave after the dinner banquet ended?

A faint and cold smirk appeared on Mo Xuetong's face as she lowered her head, watching Mo Jin sending the imperial physician off. Mo Xuemin had even managed to bribe the imperial physician. She was not simple at all!

"King Chu, my eldest sister is unwell. We will have to trouble you to find her a room to rest for a while." Mo Xuetong looked up at Feng Yuxuan with an awkward expression. Since Mo Xuetong was interested in seducing Feng Yuxuan, then she might as well help her and see if Mo Xuemin would be fated to enjoy being his wife.

"Third Miss Mo, you are too polite. Since First Miss Mo is unwell, why don't you stay as well to take care of her? Leave together when First Miss Mo is feeling better." Feng Yuran said politely with a warm smile.

"Many thanks for your kind intentions, King Chu. However, my father is busy. Since my eldest sister is fine and only needs a little rest, I will trouble King Chu to take care of her. I will be very grateful towards you." Mo Xuetong smiled gently, her eyes as clear and calm as the surface of the lake. They looked clear and innocence, but also naturally charming. A gentle smile of hers was as beautiful as a dream. She was exquisitely beautiful, as if she appeared only in dreams.