Chapter 36: Mo Xuemin Pretends to Be Ill

The injuries on Mo Xuetong's knees were not serious. It was just a little inconvenient for her to stand and walk when she woke up the next day. Otherwise, one could not tell she was injured. She had just eaten breakfast when she heard a kerfuffle at the door. However, when they tried to listen to it carefully, they could not hear anything. It started to rain, and the raindrops fell pitter-pattering.

"Miss, Auntie Qing sent someone to ask if you need anything else for your room." Mo He lifted the curtains and entered. There were still signs of rain on her gree robe.

"Are Auntie Qing and Auntie Mo in charge of the household now?" Mo Xuetong was pruning a pot of orchid. She was trimming the branches and did not even turn around to ask Mo He softly.

"Yes, I heard Old Sir took away Auntie Fang's right to manage and got Auntie Qing and Auntie Mo to do it. So they sent someone here early in the morning to ask if you need anything else. They seem to be more hardworking than before!" Mo Yu said with a smile. The moment Auntie Fang had her position taken from her, even the servants did not dare to treat those from Qingwei Garden badly. Even though it was raining, they had come to consult their mistress early in the morning.

It seems that her mistress had won in the fight against Auntie Fang! Mo Yu was naturally feeling great!

"How's Auntie Fang doing?" Mo Xuetong put down the scissors in her hands and accepted the handkerchief Mo Lan handed her and wiped her hands.

"There's nothing odd going on at Lihua Garden. However, there were sounds that resembled someone crying last night. They said that Auntie Fang had suffered and there were rumors among the servants that you had deliberately hurt her." Mo Lan took the handkerchief and washed it in the water bowl by the side as she answered.

Among Mo Xuetong's personal maids, Mo Lan was the most steady. She was not as optimistic as Mo Yu. This morning, she had gone out on Mo Xuetong's orders. The answers she had received were completely different from the ones Mo Yu had. She would naturally not speak like Mo Yu.

"Miss, what does that mean?" Mo Yu was not stupid. She was shocked and the smile left her face as she looked up to ask Mo Xuetong.

"Later, go and see where Father went and if Eldest Brother and Sister have been to visit Auntie Fang. Go keep watch on the people at Lihua Garden." Mo Xuetong said with a faint smile.

"Yes! I will go and watch them later." Mo Yu answered.

"You don't have to go. Send someone there." Mo Xuetong ordered with a small smile.

Get someone else to go? Who else could go? Mo Yu paused for a moment. She did not dare to use anyone else from their courtyard. They were all sent by Auntie Fang. If she sent Auntie Fang's people to keep watch on Auntie Fang, she would know immediately. She would definitely go against Mo Xuetong. Her mistress had only just returned to the Mo Manor and could not compete against Auntie Fang who had always been managing the household.

"It's alright, you can just ask anyone to go. As for whether they can see anything or not, Auntie Fang is a smart person, so how would she let anyone just see what she's doing?" Mo Xuetong smiled gently, her eyes full of laughter. Auntie Fang was indeed a smart one.

The sounds of crying could be heard from the courtyard. She was telling Mo Xuetong's father that she felt regretful. She was certain that Mo Huawen would let her off easily! It was because of her eldest brother's existence. Him being the only son was truly a problem! It seems that she had to act faster.

"Just have anyone keep watch? Yes!" Mo Yu paused for a moment, not really understanding. However, when she saw how her mistress was very sure of herself, she trusted that her mistress already had plans. She nodded her head and left, calling out to a maid that looked quite smart and gave her orders. She did not even avoid the two older maids that Auntie Qing had sent.