Chapter 9: Fight at the Capital Gates

The horse carriages were blocked and the passers-by and a crowd of maids watched the scene from their carriages. Just as the commotion was growing, a few shouts could be heard from the front of the city gates.

"Who is it blocking the road? Give way give way!"

Everyone turned to look at another procession of horse carriages approaching. There were a few young and proud noble young men sitting atop of their horses. The servants walking by their sides yelled for the people in front to give way.

Because the horse carriages had come so quickly, the crowd quickly made a path.

A few beautiful horse carriages arrived at the scene under the escort of the few noblemen.

"What happened here?" The handsome but cold young man at the front asked. He looked slightly unhappy when he saw the scene.

"The carriage hit and killed someone, killed someone." The elderly person lying on the ground made an even larger fuss. He rolled around on the ground hugging his leg looking as if he were in so much pain he could not stand up. Everyone's attention was on the ground and then they looked at the horse carriage across.

"Third sister, is it your carriage?" A surprised voice caught everyone's attention. A gentle and beautiful face appeared in the carriage behind the handsome nobleman. Her colorful clothes made her face look beautiful. She wore an accessory in the shape of two pearl blossoms made out of pearls. There were gold threads engraved by the side making them look like flying butterflies. Jade hung from her earlobes and she looked elegant and demure. She looked proper and while she had put in effort to dress up, it looked effortless.

She was a elegant beauty.

Mo Xuetong froze visibly when she heard the voice. A hint of coldness flashed through her clear eyes. Mo Xuemin!

How could she forget! It was a name she hated deeply. She would not forget it even if she returned to hell and experienced reincarnation...

Mo Xuemin was indeed waiting for her here! But she had come just at the right time...

"Elder sister? Did you come to fetch me upon receiving news? There are many people here, so it is not time for us to speak. Your younger sister will thank you first." A sweet and gentle voice could be heard from the carriage. It was a moving sound that made everyone around quietened down. Which noble lady was this who had such a charming voice?

The handsome young man in the luxurious carriage put down the book in his hands. A glint of light flashed in his eyes. For the first time, he listened carefully.

"Who is it?" You Yuecheng, a nobleman from the Ming Kingdom, who was part of Mo Xuemin's party turned to look at Mo Xuemin with a frown.

"It is my third sister. She's returning to the capital from Cloud City, but I didn't expect her to cause such trouble. She has led a sheltered life and would not know how to handle such matters." Mo Xuemin got off from the carriage and explained to You Yuecheng gently. She wore a pink patterned dress that made her skin look as pale as snow. Then, she accepted a cape from Mo Jin and put it on regally.

It sounded as if she was helping Mo Xuetong explain the matter but was actually confirming that Mo Xuetong had caused the incident. She meant to imply that Mo Xuetong was selfish and domineering. She was so arrogant to hurry her horse carriage and run it into a crowd of people upon her return to the capital. You Yuecheng's gaze darkened. Even though he was spoiled, he hated arrogant behavior. Furthermore, he studied martial arts and had a position in the army. He naturally behaved like a soldier. He liked how Mo Xuetong had spoken gently but the feeling turned into one of dislike upon hearing what Mo Xuemin said.