Chapter 49: You Will Sing While I Enter the Stage. It's All an Act

Feng Yuran stood up, his purple robe with gold collars shimmered. He spoke with the two eunuchs beside him with a smile and turned to walk away. The two eunuchs walked away in a different direction. If one looked carefully, the would notice that he was heading in the direction where Mo Xuemin went earlier.

This was the first time Mo Xuemin was seeing the elegant and gentle King Chu up close.

His warm dark eyes looked as if they were smiling, making one feel as if they were bathed in the spring wind. He looked very friendly. Mo Xuemin keenly sensed that King Chu treated her differently from the others. His eyes would sweep past the flower racks and the pots of flowers. Even though it did not look as if he was doing it intentionally, his gaze would stop on her for a few more moments.

This discovery had pleased Mo Xuemin greatly. She was excited and her heart beat quickly. She sat there and tried her best to show off how gentle and delicate she was. King Chu was indeed interested in her. That person had not lied to her. This knowledge excited her so much that she could not sit still after Mo Xuetong left. She felt that King Chu, Feng Yuxuan's eyes seemed as if he had many things that he wanted to say to her.

You Yuecheng had already been long abandoned by her. Could the Ming Duke family be nobler than King Chu?

The good fortunes had come to her too quickly, and was such a huge piece of luck. Mo Xuemin could not even be bothered to fight with Mo Xuetong. She hurriedly brought Mo Jin with her to the pavilion. King Chu had only brought with him a eunuch and no one else. How could Mo Xuemin give up such a rare opportunity!

She had always been very pleased with her appearance. She had been in the capital for more than a year, and she was the most beautiful among the other ladies.

It was a pity that her status was lowly. She was not only a concubine's daughter. Even if she was the main daughter, she would just be the main daughter of a fifth-grade officer. The difference between their status was like heaven and earth. How would she get an opportunity to meet the princes? There was no way for her to get to know them even if she wanted to. Among the other noblemen, only You Yuecheng, who was handsome and noble, seemed to be interested in her. As such, Mo Xuemin had always followed him around.

Feng Yuxuan could not be compared to the Ming Duke. Sima Lingyun was not even worthy of helping King Chu carry his shoes.

"Miss, it's over there. Are we really going over there?" Mo Jin grew nervous when they reached a door opening. She turned around and tugged on Mo Xuemin uneasily.

"What are you afraid of? Let's go!" Mo Xuemin frowned unhappily.

Mo Jin shuddered in fear when she saw Mo Xuemin looking at her coldly. She did not dare to say anything else. She lowered her head and took a few hurried steps forward, avoiding her mistress' cold glare.

They passed through the door. Not far away, under an osmanthus tree, was a youth wearing blue dragon-print robes. It was evident that he had drunk too much. He covered his face with his sleeve, looking as if he was about to fall asleep. It looked like it was King Chu, Feng Yuxuan. The little eunuch had disappeared, leaving behind the sleepy King Chu!

Mo Xuetong's heart beat sped up. The opportunity was right before her.

"Isn't that your eldest sister? Third Miss Mo, does First Miss Mo have someone she likes? That's great. We can ask the Empress to bestow marriage upon First Miss Mo." The ladies brought Mo Xuetong through the door to see Mo Xuemin and a man wearing luxurious robes. The impolite jibing began immediately.

What right did a concubine's daughter have to ask the Empress to bestow marriage?

Mo Xuemin had always been proud. She always thought that she would definitely marry well since she was beautiful and talented. She only sucked up to the ladies from powerful families and could not be bothered with ladies with family backgrounds like hers. The ladies present today all had fathers who were mid-ranking officers like Mo Huawen. They did not like Mo Xuemin usually and would not let go of an opportunity to get her into trouble.