Chapter 61

The first thing Mo Huawen did when he returned to the Mo Manor was to visit Mo Xuemin's Fuqing Garden angrily. He got the two servants to throw the clothes and cloth in their arms onto the table the moment he entered. He harrumphed coldly at Mo Xuemin who was seated at a corner doing embroidery. Then, he raised his robes and sat down.

"Father, why have you come to visit Min'er today? You came at just the right time. I made you a robe." Mo Xuemin seemed as if she did not realize Mo Huawen's annoyance. She stood up gently and retrieved a grey long cotton robe from the couch beside her. The robe was folded neatly, and it looked as if she had put a lot of effort into it." Father, put this against yourself and see if the length and size are right. I'm afraid I didn't do it well, and you won't like it."

Mo Huawen was furious. He pushed the robe away and pointed at the clothes on the table and said angrily, "Do you like it when you give your younger sister your old clothes and unsuitable fabric?"

"Father." Mo Xuemin was stunned when she saw how angry Mo Huawen was. She looked at him incredulously as tears fell down her cheeks. She had just recovered from her illness and had become thin. She hugged the robe that Mo Huawen pushed away and knelt, sobbing, "Father, I don't understand what you're saying."

"These old clothing have stains on them, and you still keep giving them to your younger sister. Those colorful fabrics, how can your younger sister wear them? Min'er, I always thought you were sensible and that you are better than the other two. You are gracious, and you act like the eldest daughter of the family. But now...you have disappointed me greatly." Mo Huawen was disappointed. This was not the daughter he was proud of.

He did not know when she became so annoying!

Mo Xuemin's heart skipped a bit when she looked at Mo Huawen. She knew that things were going pear-shaped. She scooted forward on her knees to Mo Huawen and then kowtowed loudly. She looked up tearfully and cried, "Father, how would Min'er do such a thing? I have always gotten along well with Third Sister. Furthermore, after what happened, I feel sorry towards you and my other younger sisters. I have already decided to repent before Buddha, so how would I try to fight with Third Sister?"

She sounded so sincere, and her pale face was filled with pain, and her words were drowned in sadness.

"Was I wrong?" Mo Huawen's expression cooled and grew stern.

"Father, I just had that dress made, and I had originally wanted to wear it to the banquet. But how can I go to my current situation!" Mo Xuemin sobbed, almost unable to catch her breath. She pulled on Mo Huawen's hand and trebled, "Father, you were the one who gave me that leather and I couldn't bear to wear it. I used it to make clothes and have never worn it. Those two bolts of cloth are also plain colored. Third Sister likes plain clothes and is still grieving, how could I possibly send her such bright colored clothing?"

Mo Xuemin's gaze had long landed on the two bolts of fabric and clothes. Her heart flopped, and she hated Auntie Fang to the guts. She was, indeed an ignorant concubine. She couldn't bear to part with material goods even at a time like this and had changed out the clothes that she sent to Mo Xuetong as a gesture of goodwill. However, there was no use to hate her now. She might as well change the topic.

She cried, almost losing her voice.

Mo Xiu, who was kneeling beside her, received her gesture and hurried forward to help Mo Xuemin up. She cried as well, "Old Sir, First Miss gave Third Miss the best things she owned. First, Miss must have been framed by someone this time, how would she have the mood to dress up? She might as well give all the things that she usually could not bear to wear to Third Miss. But who knew that something would happen again? If she had known what would happen, she might as well not give Third Miss her things so that Third Miss would not be suspicious of her."