Chapter 29: The Falsely Solicitious Elder Sister Falls for the Plot (2)

There were four or five noble looking young men who hurried through the courtyard doors. They each brought their own servant and blocked the space at the entrance.

"Where are you rascals from? How dare you speak like that to my mistress?" Mo Jin saw that the situation was taking a turn for the worse and hurried to stand in front of Mo Xuemin.

"If we are rascals, then your mistress is no virtuous woman. Didn't they say that noble young ladies shouldn't leave their rooms or their doors? Oh, so are the rules in the Mo Manor different? She can even come out to meet a man in secret!" The man standing right in front was Brother Ling and he glanced at Mo Xuetong in disdain.

"Nonsense. My First Miss has something to ask His Excellency. Furthermore, First Miss has observed etiquette and not entered the room." Mo Jin defended her loudly.

"Your First Miss is really close with the Zhenguo Duke's son. She sent a pouch when we were drinking with him yesterday. And she even personally came to visit when she heard that he was injured. Oh, are they not lovers then?" The other man, who was Brother He said with a cold smile. He still had a bandage wrapped around his head. He felt furious whenever he thought about the senseless beating he received.

"I knew that the Zhenguo Duke's son had close dealings with the Mo Manor. So this is the reason why!"

"I didn't expect the First Miss of the Mo family who has a good reputation to be someone who doesn't follow etiquette."

"Earlier, my Father wanted me to marry the reputable First Miss Mo. But this is all fake..."

"I've really learnt a lot today. This young lady might have already... with His Excellency..."

Mo Xuemin almost could not bear the horrible words. She forced herself to calm down after a while and pushed Mo Jin away, gritting her teeth. She glared at the two people in front and said sternly, "When have I ever given His Excellency a pouch. Don't talk nonsense."

"No? The maid beside you is the one who sent the pouch to His Excellency yesterday. We were not the only ones who saw it. Miss Mo, do you want us to get someone to identify this person? Her coquettish behavior is not one an ordinary person can do." Brother He said loudly as he pointed at Shuang Xue, who was trying to hide.

Mo Xuetong turned to look at Shuang Ye and was so angry she felt dizzy. She remembered that in order to allow someone to discover Mo Xuetong sending Sima Lingyun a pouch, she had deliberately sent someone who would behave in a flashy manner.

"Nonsense. I only arrived at the temple this morning. How would I know what happened yesterday." She must not admit to anything at this time. Mo Xuemin gritted her teeth and said, "This maid came up the mountains with my Third Sister yesterday." She had not forgotten to ruin Mo Xuetong's reputation at a time like this.

"Then, Miss Mo, how can you explain this pouch? We got this off His Excellency. It can't be your Third Sister's too as well?" Brother Ling took out a pouch, pleased as a punch, and gave it to the others around him.

"Miss, your pouch..." Mo Jin made a sound of surprise and looked at Mo Xuetong's waist. Her pouch had already been long gone.

She wanted to say something but Mo Xuemin glared at her viciously. She remembered what was in front of her and hurriedly shut up. Her hand, which was holding Mo Xuemin's shook slightly.

"Look, even your maid has admitted it's you. What can you do? Miss Mo, you're really good. You pretend to be as virtuous as a fair outside, but you meet lovers in secret. You even... with a man..." The crowd jeered.

"So the gentleness and graciousness of the First Miss of the Mo family are all fake. She's indeed good."

"She doesn't look like it. She's so beautiful and gentle, but her behavior in private is as such. The Mo Manor's reputation is disgraced." Another person said, shaking his head.