Chapter 28: The Falsely Solicitious Elder Sister Falls for the Plot (1)

Mo Xuetong was taking medication when Mo Xuemin entered. The medicine had been prescribed by the manager of the Repayment Temple.

"Third Sister, why have you become so ill. I was worried, so I rushed here immediately." Mo Xuemin walked up to Mo Xuetong's bed. She knew that Mo Xuetong was truly ill when she saw her pale haggard face. There was a smile on her lips.

Any woman would be flustered if they were discovered to have met with a man when they were supposed to be praying for blessings for their mother. Mo Xuetong might be smarter than before, but she had still fallen for her ploy.

Mo Xuemin felt pleased but did not show it at all. She sat beside Mo Xuetong's bed solicitously and took the bowl of medicine in Mo Yu's hand to feed it to Mo Xuetong.

"Many thanks, Eldest Sister. My health is poor and I've just caught a cold. I've troubled you into making such a long journey." Mo Xuetong said softly. She looked tired and she leaned against a pillow and forced a smile.

"We are sisters, so why are you saying that? At least you're alright. I asked Mo Lan earlier and she said that you will be better once you recuperate. Why not stay here for a while? I will tell father that you are very ill and cannot move." Mo Xuemin's eyes were gentle and she smiled happily.

Mo Xuemin was indeed a sly one. She wanted to keep Mo Xuetong here to ensure that her meeting with Sima Lingyun happened before she left.

Mo Xuetong held Mo Xuemin's hand and smiled thankfully. She said gently, "Many thanks, Eldest Sister. I was wrong the last time. If I could stop father, you would not have..."

Mo Xuemin's expression darkened. That was something she did not like mentioning at all. She despised her two younger sisters. One was cowardly and weak while the other was stupid and impolite. She did not expect that her plans had been foiled because of the stupid Mo Xueqiong. It was such an embarrassment to her. However, she quickly smiled and said, "Let the past be forgotten. It has nothing much to do with Third Sister and it was indeed I who had not followed etiquette so that I embarrassed myself in front of you."

"Eldest Sister, you are too polite. You're rather different today." Mo Xuetong pushed the bowl in Mo Xuemin's hands away and shook her head with a smile. Mo Lan had already brought her a honey persimmon and a handkerchief.

Mo Xuemin's heart suddenly skipped a beat. She felt that Mo Xuetong was implying something. Could Mo Xuetong have seen something because she had been too happy?

She smiled warmly even though her heart was filled with trepidation. "Look at what you're saying. I've been copying the 'Classics for Women' the past few days and had hurried here. I am finally reassured now that I see that you are well."

"Eldest Sister, you look very tired. You probably haven't slept well for the past two days. I have already gotten them to clean up the room next door. Rest there for now." Mo Xuetong laid down again with Mo Ye's help. She looked tired and weak.

"Then Third Sister, you rest while I go clean up." Mo Xuemin stood up. She was really about to leave. She was still confused about what happened. But there was one thing she was certain about. Something must have happened between Sima Lingyun and Mo Xuetong yesterday.

As long as she could find out what happened, she would definitely spread the news. There were many nobles on the mountain praying for blessings, and Mo Xuetong would not be able to hide it even if she wanted to.

As such, Mo Xuemin did not stay for long in the room. She brought Mo Jin with her and they left quietly.

"Miss, First Miss is really going out. Should we get Mo Ye to follow her?" Mo Yu asked softly. She had been pretending to do needlework by the window. In reality, she had been keeping a close eye on Mo Xuemin.