Chapter 58: The Empress' Scheme

Where did the blood come from?

The eunuch sprawled on the ground started to shake. He had already cleaned the traces of blood by his lips when he entered. He thought about how he was going to get through this. If the Empress found out that it was his blood that had been sprayed on her favorite niece's painting, he would definitely die. However, he dared not lie to the Empress. The Empress looked like she was going to get into an argument with King Xuan. There was not just one person who had seen him spitting blood on the painting after being hit by the guards. If they found out that he had sowed discord between the Empress and King Xuan, then he would definitely die.

"What is it? Is it difficult for you to speak?" The Empress glared at him and her already stern face looked even sharper.

"No, no, that's not it. It is your servant. I was hit earlier and I accidentally spat blood... on it." The eunuch shuddered and did not dare to speak again. He did not dare to mention that he had been hit by the guard because he was dazzled by King Xuan.

It was rumored that there was once a man who had been mesmerized by King Xuan and looked at him in a daze. That man was stomped and beaten to death. King Xuan hated it most when men were dazzled by his beauty. He did not know what was wrong with himself. He had dared to stare at the extremely handsome face. It was a charming face that was second to none. Then, he had been dazzled and had gotten into trouble.

It was the eunuch's blood?

The Empress frowned and commanded sharply, "Tell me everything that happened in detail."

The eunuch wanted to hide some things, but when he heard the anger in the Empress' words, he did not dare to do so. He shook as he recounted the matter in detail.

There was a clatter as the jade-pattered carved teacup was smashed down heavily, the boiling hot tea in the cup covered the eunuch's face. The eunuch started to bleed heavily. The Empress's expression was dark with rage. She was so furious that she could not speak. She could not control her temper and threw the teacup onto the floor.

"Take him away and beat him to death!"

The servants who came up ignored the eunuch's struggle and dragged him away.

"Your Majesty, it is all the fault of that stupid servant. It looks like King Xuan did not even see Second Miss' face clearly. How can King Xuan bear to part with such a beauty with his willpower?" Eunuch Liu was the Empress' lead eunuch. He did not dare to say anything else when he saw how furious the Empress looked. He changed the topic and spoke carefully, trying to say things that would please the Empress. "Second Miss is so beautiful. King Xuan would not do something like this if he saw her."

Ling Fengyan was the second child of the Ding General Manor. Ling Mingyan was the first miss of the family. She was the daughter of the second sir of the Ding General Manor. Her father was Ling Mingyan's father's brother. They were both the main young misses of the Ding General Manor. As such, she was also considered nobility. She was also gentler and kinder than Ling Mingyan. Even though she rarely appeared before others, she was known to be gentle and gracious. She had always been the biggest triumph card in the Empress' hand.

"Hurmph, since he doesn't like her, then I don't need to keep sending her to him." The Empress was angry. Her beautiful niece was not some second-rate goods. Why would she keep sending her to King Xuan? It would just be an insult to her status. Since Feng Yuran had not seen her, then it was just him being unlucky that he could not get such a ravishing beauty.

"Your Majesty, you want to..." Eunuch Liu was the Empress' confidant and naturally knew what the Empress meant. He asked her about what she wanted softly.