Chapter 153

Chapter 153 The Accident! Mo Xuemin Enters the Palace Through Peculiar Means
"Miss, it is King Chu's carriage." Mo Ye's ears were sharp and she could hear Mo Huawen speaking to someone on the horse carriage from a distance. She hurried to help Mo Xuetong who could not catch her breath while she spoke softly.

King Chu? The gentle and elegant King Chu would speed in the palace? Mo Xuetong asked subconsciously, "Did you hear wrongly?"

"Miss, my ears are very sharp, how could I have heard wrong? Mo Yu, you're seated right in front. Lift up the curtains secretly and see if it is King Chu's horse carriage." Mo Yu pointed at Mo Yu when she heard Mo Xuetong doubting her.

Mo Yu had already secretly lifted the door curtains. She nodded hurriedly at Mo Ye's words and said softly, "Miss, I can't hear what Old Sir and Young Master are saying, but the emblem on the horse carriage definitely belongs to King Chu's manor." Then, Mo Yu turned around and blinked in confusion. "I heard that King Chu is a gentle and elegant person. Why would he allow his subordinates to speed in the palace and even knock into someone?"

Amongst the princes, King Chu, Feng Yuxuan, had the best reputation. He was a gentleman and was gentle and elegant. There had not been any rumors about him doing anything inappropriate. So why had he sped at a place so close to the palace? Was he not afraid that the imperial scribe would write about him being arrogant and domineering, and his inappropriate behavior?

"Tong'er, the horse carriage has broken down. Get off with your maids. I will get another carriage from the manor to take you to the palace." Mo Huawen's gentle voice sounded from the door.

Even though his voice was gentle, Mo Xuetong could hear the displeasure in his voice! Anyone would be displeased if something like this happened to them on their way to a banquet.

"Yes, Father!" Mo Xuetong did not hesitate to stand, holding onto Mo Ye. Mo Yu appeared on her side and helped her to put on her veiled hat and assisted her.

They only discovered, when they got off the carriage, that the carriage wheels had been knocked askew and there was a part that was dented. It could not drive any longer. Mo Huawen stood in front of the carriage. He brought her to the side when he saw her. Mo Yufeng was speaking with Feng Yuran, who was wearing a blue, round-necked cotton robe that had clouds embroidered on it.

The handsome Feng Yuxuan smiled gently as he listened to Mo Yufeng. He nodded occasionally, but he looked past Mo Huawen and his gaze fell on the girl behind him. She wore a hat that had a long veil so her features could not be seen clearly. Only her jade green clothes were exposed and one could see the lotus leaves embroidered on her collar. There were eight pleats to her dress and when she walked, it made her waist seem even more slender as the lotus leaves fluttered.

"King Chu, this is my daughter." Mo Huawen stepped to the left when he reached Feng Yuxuan, blocking Mo Xuetong as he introduced her. He turned around and said to Mo Xuetong, "Tong'er, this is His Highness, King Chu."

"Greetings, King Chu." Mo Xuetong curtsied politely.

"Are you the Third Miss of the manor? I heard that Third Miss Mo is beautiful and intelligent, and is gracious and polite. You are indeed so. I apologize, my servant did not mind the horse properly and I don't know why the horse went berserk. It is my fault for damaging Third Miss's carriage." Feng Yuxuan smiled gently and bowed to her as he explained.

"Your Highness, please do not apologize. It was an accident, so how could you be blamed for it." Mo Xuetong leaned behind Mo Huawen silently as she sensed Feng Yuxuan's searching gaze upon her. Her tone was polite as she spoke.

"Third Sister, His Majesty has summoned Father into the palace. King Chu says he is willing to take us. Quick, thank His Highness." Mo Yufeng walked over from the side in a rather pleased manner as he spoke to Mo Xuetong rather brusquely.