Chapter 50

Mo Xuetong ignored the red-faced ladies who had been rebuked by her. She turned around and curtsied to Feng Yuxuan delicately and said, "Excuse me, First Prince, what's wrong with my eldest sister?"

She was confident that Feng Yuxuan thoughts were different from Mo Xuemin's.

No matter whether Feng Yuxuan truly did have anything going on with Mo Xuemin, he would on the surface try to protect everyone's reputation. After all, if it was rumored that he had something going on with the daughter of a fifth-grade officer and his concubine, it would not just be an embarrassment to the Mo family. The rumors would not be good to King Chu's reputation either. It was important for him to have a good reputation in order to get the throne. He would not ruin his reputation for a woman.

And this was what Mo Xuetong wanted. King Chu, Feng Yuxuan's, explanation was more useful than what anyone else said.

Indeed, Feng Yuxuan explained with a warm and graceful smile. "I do not know what is wrong with First Miss Mo either. I was resting in the pavilion when she walked past it and suddenly fainted. I got the eunuch to help her to the side and rest. The eunuch went to look for the imperial physician and will be back soon."

"Many thanks, King Chu." Mo Xuetong looked at him gratefully, as if she was really thankful that Feng Yuxuan could help Mo Xuemin into the pavilion to rest. She curtsied deeply and pretended to be a good younger sister. Then, she took two steps back, keeping an appropriate distance from Feng Yuxuan.

Her small actions to avoid any inappropriateness gained the approval from the other ladies. They no longer looked at her with enmity and the way they looked at her softened. Third Miss Mo was unlike the rumors. She was not untalented, spoilt or arrogant. Of course, First Miss Mo's actions today was not something a gracious and gentle woman should be doing.

Rumors were indeed rumors!

In the Mo family, the concubine must be running the place and the concubine's daughter must be arrogant and domineering!

They were all main daughters and all knew that while their mothers were the true wives to their father, they sometimes could not compete with a coy smile of a concubine. The bitterness of it was something only main daughters could understand. They were all linked in this inexorable manner, and some of the ladies began to look at Mo Xuetong warmly and in a friendly manner. Some even began to look protective of her.

"Third Miss, don't worry. Your Eldest Sister would probably regain consciousness in a while. The weather isn't hot, so she couldn't have gotten a heatstroke." Someone saw her pale and worried face and started to comfort her.

"It will be fine, look at the healthy flush on your eldest sister's face. However, your health must be poor. Don't worry for your eldest sister and become ill. Your family is too much. The elder sister isn't looking after the younger sister, but instead is worrying her younger sister." Someone complained about the injustice.

Feng Yuxuan heard what the ladies said and his gaze landed on Mo Xuetong's pale face. She did look ill. Every since she almost drowned, her health would act up at times. She had never gotten her body completely regulated. Her pale and almost translucent skin made others pity her.

She smiled gently and stood there in her plain dress. Her skirt was lifted by the breeze and she looked like an innocent fairy. Her natural gentleness and her disposition, coupled with her child-like innocence were all very attractive.

She was very beautiful. In the picturesque courtyard, she was like the spot of color in the middle. Her eyes were tearful and she looked worried. It made her look rather pitiful.

"Ladies, please take a seat. The imperial physician might take some time to get here." Feng Yuxuan sat down in the pavilion and smiled gently and gracefully. The ladies whom he looked at all flushed. Everyone was more than willing to sit down with King Chu and speak with him. They thought that they might be able to gain King Chu's trust or attend the night banquet tonight.