Chapter 54: Miss Xu

The Qin family and the Yu family came together this time. However, the Qin family was the main reason for their journey. Only the Old sir and his wife Mdm Chen as well as the First Miss of the Yu Family, Yu Sirong, from the Yu Family came. There were only two carriages from the Yu manor following behind the horse carriages of the Qin Manor. The other family members of the Yu family did not come to the capital.

They did not send someone to contact them immediately after reaching the capital like what Auntie Fang had said.

Mo Xuemin had fallen ill. She was so seriously ill that she could not even get out of bed. Mo Huawen had no choice but to release Auntie Fang so that she could go to Fuqing Garden to take care of Mo Xuemin...

The rumors started off with a few people gossiping. Then, the rumors started to spread through the streets and the alleys. Even some matriarchs from noble families would talk about it when they met.

The concubine's daughter, the first miss of the Mo Manor had a fling with Sima Lingyun of the Duke's manor. First Miss Mo was so shameless to climb into King Chu's bed and was thrown out of it by King Chu...

The rumors grew more and more ugly. Mo Huawen was angry and anxious but could not do anything about the rumors. As such, he banned Mo Xuemin from leaving the house and locked her in the inner courtyards until the rumors abated as time passed. However, the rumors did not abate but grew even worse. The two stewards of the manor made a fuss before Mo Huawen every day, seeking justice for their daughter.

Mo Xuemin could not explain the matter clearly, frustrating Mo Huawen greatly. He finally used the money to smooth over the matter regarding Mo Jin.

General Manor sent a letter asking for Mo Xuetong. Mo Huawen brought Mo Xuetong to General Manor personally.

Mo Huawen performed all the necessary etiquette on his visit this time. He entered with Mo Xuetong and kowtowed to Old Madam Xu and then accompanied Mo Xuetong to her courtyard. Then, he arranged all the things they brought with them. Mo Xuetong would stay with the Luo family for some time and Mo Huawen was worried that she would not be used to it. He had especially gotten servants to bring her favorite decorations from her room and set them up.

Even though Old Madam Xu was not very pleased with this son-in-law of hers, she understood Mo Huawen's love for Tong'er. She was still secretly happy and as such, she closed one eye to it despite her displeasure and pretended that she did not know about it.

Mo Huawen saw that the decorations in the yard were about done and promised to visit Mo Xuetong regularly when she asked cutely. Then, Mo Xuetong watched reluctantly as he left. The Old Sir of the Luo Manor, General Fu, was not in the capital. However, the Second Old Sir of the Luo Manor was there and was waiting for him at the front hall.

Mo Huawen had been to the Luo family's courtyard. However, he had not visited again after he brought Luo Xia to take his position in Cloud City. After he returned to the capital, he had not visited due to the friction between the two families. He was naturally unfamiliar with the place. Mo Lan brought him through the gardens and towards the outside.

He had just left Mo Xuetong's garden when he heard laughter from behind the fake mountains. He knew that it was a female relative of the Luo Manor. Even though the two families were considered relatives, it was inappropriate for them to meet without being introduced. He wanted to stand by the fake mountain and asked Mo Lan to go over there later. Just as he settled himself, a figure suddenly appeared and knocked into him.

Mo Huawen was a civil servant who dealt with documents. He naturally could not react in time and was knocked over. He did not see who it was as he lost his footing. He held the figure subconsciously and they fell onto the ground together.