Chapter 87: The Sad and Jealous Gentle Cousin, Yun Yiqiu

"Miss, don't cry. His Excellency would definitely marry you. You are the one he likes most! Look, these are the accessories and clothes that he sent. You will definitely dazzle him if you put them on. I have never seen another woman as beautiful as you. How would His Excellency bear to make you sad?" The maid picked up the beautiful clothing and accessories by her side and showed them to Yun Yiqiu, who had cried so much her eyes were red.

"Cousin is going to marry that woman." Yun Yiqiu's eyes were red from her crying. Her tears could not stop flowing no matter how she wiped them. Even though she had already known that her cousin was going to marry that woman and had even gone to see the woman especially because of that, she could not even utter niceties because her heart had hurt so much. She could only hide in her room to cry.

Her beautiful face was marred with tears and she seemed especially pitiful. How could His Excellency not like such a beautiful woman? The maid thought to herself, feeling somewhat unfair on behalf of her mistress.

"Miss, you and His Excellency grew up together, how can the other women out there replace you? Furthermore, His Excellency promised that he would marry you after he marries that woman and will make you an equal wife who is of the same status as her. You grew up in this place, Madam is your aunt and His Excellency dotes on you. How can that woman compare to you. If we were to speak frankly, the woman loses to you in everything other than her reputation."

The maid put down the things in her hands when she saw Yun Yiqiu crying non-stop. She helped to make her a cup of tea and gave it to her, comforting her glibly.

However, this statement struck a chord in Yun Yiqiu. She thought back to this morning about how her cousin had hugged her and guaranteed to her softly and gently that he would dote only on her. He was only marrying that woman because her family background was what the Duke's Manor needed. Once they no longer had such a need, he would not make her suffer.

Her cousin's eyes had been gentle and soft, like the shining moon, when he said that. She had been so moved she dove into his chest and hugged him while crying silently. He wiped away the tears at the corner of his eyes using his gentle fingers. She could still feel his heated kiss on her eyes. All this meant that her cousin truly cared for her.

When that woman is gone, she would be her cousin's main wife! When she thought of that, she felt a surge of joy. So what if that woman had a good family? Her cousin only liked her and will make that woman give up her position as main wife for her.

The maid sensed that what she had said had worked when she saw Yun Yiqiu's sobs subside. She smiled and praised Yun Yiqiu, saying, "Miss, you are so beautiful and gentle, which man wouldn't dote on you? Not only does His Excellency dote on you in this manor, even Madam treats you like you're of utmost importance, just like how she treats Second Miss. You were given everything that Second Miss gets ever since you were a child. Doesn't that mean that madam thinks of you has her daughter-in-law already?" The maid said happily.

"But, Cousin is going to get married..." When Yun Yiqiu thought about how her cousin, whom she was in love with, was going to marry another woman, she felt very upset. She held up her handkerchief and started crying out of self-pity once more. She could not understand why her cousin and her could not get together openly since they were in love with each other. Why would he marry her only after he marries that woman, and why did they have to be equal sister-wives?

Sister wife sounded nice since they were both wives. But compared to a main wife, she was still just a concubine!

She could not accept this. Her cousin was hers. How could she allow another woman to take her place?

"Miss, why are you so stubborn? His Excellency is marrying that woman for the good of the Duke's Manor. When the Duke's Manor situation is improved, get His Excellency to divorce that woman. You would be the one who gets the say in the manor. Bear with it now and everything will be yours in the future. His Excellency is thinking of the Duke's Manor right now, and also for your future. He is already suffering, so you can't make it even worse for him, right?" The maid understood from Yun Yiqiu's hesitance and cries that her mistress was still eyeing the position as His Excellency's main wife. She tried her best to console her.