twenty eight

((( The comments from last chapter were so kind and lovely and you guys are all so cool and nice and if you ever wanna talk and stuff just message me!!! So here's the update I promised. )))

After another hour, Luke had grown tired so Ashton walked him to his room and tucked him in before heading back to his room.

On his way, he heard crying from one of the rooms and cautiously peeked through the gap in the doorway. His breath caught in his throat when he saw Calum lying in his bed all pale and sick looking as the women beside his bed sobbed. He figured it was his mum but he couldn't tell because she had been facing the opposite way.

Ashton was about to turn and leave until he accidentally tripped and hit his head on the door frame.

"Ashton?" Calum groans from the bed, struggling to sit up.

"Oh hey Cal." Ashton laughs nervously, scratching the back of his neck as he stands up.

"Uh hey." He coughs, raising an eyebrow.

"Michael said you weren't feeling good so I just you know- Came to check on you." Ashton shrugs, looking away and shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Very funny. Why are you really here?" Calum sighs, a smug look on his face.

"I just heard crying and didn't notice the room number so I just peeked in- I was gonna go but there was a door and it pushed me and I fell." Ashton mumbles, crossing his arms.

"The door pushed you?" Calum says humorously, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah quite rude of it innit?" Ashton laughs awkwardly, letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding in.

"Well I've got to get some rest. Good seeing you." Calum sighs, looking to the women beside him then back to Ashton.

"Yeah- Yeah. Get better Cal." Ashton nods, taking a few steps backwards and then turning around and leaving.

----

Kind of just a filler but I wanted to fill everyone in on how Calum's doing.