twenty one

"so alf's dead..." calum says after an extremely long silence.

"i wasn't there.. i should've been.. zoe would've been there.. i feel like shit." i mumble, running a hand through my hair and placing my face in my hands.

"don't- it's not your fault luke." michael sighs, patting my back and standing up.

"where are you going?" calum asks, raising an eyebrow.

"to get some pizza- for all of us. m'hungry and i bet you all are as well." he smiles sadly, turning and heading for the lunch counter.

"shit- shit, shit, shit." ashton mumbles, squeezing the bridge of his nose.

"ba-ash are you alright?" i say quickly, turning towards him and grabbing onto his arm.

"m'fine- just a headache- y'know?" he smiles tiredly, kissing me on the cheek gently.

"i guess- do you- uh wanna go back to my room- i mean to sleep- and stuff, yeah?" i chuckle, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

"yeah- that sounds good." he laughs quietly, standing up from his chair and tugging me down the hallway with him.

when we get back to my room, we hop onto my bed and i take off my shirt and ashton does the same.

"luke- you know how i said i had to tell you something.. at the concert?" ashton mumbles into the blankets.

i look down at him and nod.

"i- uh- luke.. i love you.." ashton says quietly, looking down at his hands.

"what?" i smirk, wanting him to repeat himself.

"you heard me ya wanker." he mumbles, pulling the blankets over his head.

"i love you- too." i giggle, wiggling under the blanket with him.

"really?" he smiles, biting his lip.

"really." i chuckle, peppering kisses all over his face.

"this is like a teen romance movie." ashton laughs, cuddling into my chest.

"then according to every teen romance movie in existance- we'll have a happy ending." i smile, shutting my eyes.

"were gonna die luke." ashton sighs, shutting his eyes shortly after.

"no- i'm gonna die ash. m'not gonna let anything happen to you." i mumble, holding ashton tighter.

"luke- the other day.. before the concert.. i had to meet up with my doctor- and she said i only had a few days.. i didn't believe her at first- cause god- a good four months ago they said i had two months to live. but i've been bad lately- really bad." he says quietly, shuffling around a bit.

"it always gets worse before it gets better." i mumble, kissing his forehead.

"this isn't a movie luke- i'm gonna be dead by the end of this week." he laughs dryly, getting up out of the bed and slipping his shirt back on.

"ash- where are you going?" i sigh, following him out of bed.

"i'm going back to my room." he says flatly, walking out of the room.

"please don't." i whine, following him out into the hall in my boxers.

"bye luke." he sighs, not even turning to look back.

i let out a sigh and head back into my room, picking my phone up off the floor.

luke: are you and cal fucking or can we talk