nine

when we got to alfies room, zoe rushed over to his bed and sat down next to him.

he looked over at her and then looked back up at the ceiling.

he moved his hands around a bit and she nodded and looked down at the floor.

then she pointed at herself, crossed her arms over her chest and then pointed at him.

he smiled a little bit and then moved his hands around a bit more.

she nodded and he leaned in to kiss her.

when they pulled away zoe looked down and blushed, a small tear fell down her face and fell to the floor.

alfie wiped away the tear and tilted her head up so she would look at him.

"you'll- be- ok-ay.." he says slowly, a small smile spreading across his face.

she quickly leaned in and pecked him on the cheek.

"yeah- uh hey guys.." i coughed awkwardly, biting my lip.

"oh- uh yeah- sorry- luke came with me to see how you were doing." zoe says to alfie, moving her hands around a bit.

he nodded and waved to me.

"are you okay?" i said slowly, walking over to sit next to his bed.

he shakes his head and holds up two fingers.

"oh- i'm sorry.." i mumble softly, looking down at the ground.

"i have to get back to my room- my nurse wanted to talk." zoe announces, standing up and wiping off her pants.

she leans down and kisses alfies cheek and then leaves.

i take her seat and alfie looks down.

"you- have.." he takes a deep breath, "to take- care of- her." alfie says flatly, looking over at me.

i nod and meet his eyes.

"thank- you.. for being- a friend." alfie says slowly.

"it was an honor." i say softly, a smile crossing my face.

he hugs me briefly and then looks down.

"i'm sorry this happened to you." i sigh, patting his shoulder.

"i'm not- i wouldnt- have met- any of you." he smiles, looking up at the ceiling.

i smile and nod.

"wish we could've met some other way." i sigh, looking down at the ground.

he raises his eyebrows and mouths "what?".

i just shake my head and say goodbye.

he waves and i head out of the room.

i walk down to michaels room and see a bunch of nurses surrounding his room.

and then he's being pulled out on a stretcher.

☣☣☣

ahh no michael

also zoe and alfie were speaking asl (american sign language) because alfie is deaf.