four

after lunch, michael invited everyone to his room to play fifa and chill.

since we were all stuck in a hospital, everyone agreed.

"i hate fifa." ashton muttered from beside me as we walked down the hall to michaels room.

"better not tell michael that- he'll kill you- not kidding." i laugh quietly, patting ashtons back and running up next to michael.

"do you think we could all play twenty questions or something? i know nothing about your friends except for the fact we're all sick." i say quietly, looking over to him.

"yeah- yeah that's a good idea." michael shrugs, stopping to take a breather.

"want me to get your tank mikey?" calum smiles, walking up next to michael and patting him on the back.

"yeah- thanks cal." michael says between breaths, managing a small smile.

calum picks up his tank and we continue walking.

when we get to mikeys room, calum sets down mikeys tank and hops onto his bed, grabbing an xbox remote. ashton sits on a chair in the corner and hugs his knees to his chest, focusing on a card on the wall. zoe and alfie both take a seat on a small couch in the other corner of the room.

i go take a seat next to ashton in the corner and mikey sits next to calum and grabs a remote as well.

"im luke." i smile, breaking ashton from his death glare at a card.

he looks at me, rolls his eyes and looks back to the wall.

"why are you here?" i say insistently, trying to get him to talk.

"what makes you think im gonna tell you?" ashton scoffs, turning back to the cards on the wall.

"you need to tell someone. i know you do- it must be killing you inside." i say flatly, keeping my eyes on him.

he turns and bites the bottom of his lip.

"you promise it'll stay between you and me?" he says quietly, looking around the room.

"promise." i say softly, offering him my pinky.

he wraps his pinky around mine and sighs.

"i have pancreatic cancer- and i only have two months to live."

☣☣☣

hi guys. i chose for ashton to have pancreatic cancer and i know this will be hard to read, because this will be hard for me to write, but in this story, there will be no happy ending for ashton. this is not real at all and i hope no one is hurt by this, as it is just a story. 

pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rate of all cancers. when diagnosed, the usual life expectancy is 5 to 8 months, though 20 percent of sufferers live up to a year. only 5 percent live up to 5 years. this is from research information, so if any of this is incorrect, please inform me, thank you.

definition below this caption. sorry this is short and sad but i didnt wanna make this to long.

☣☣☣

pancreatic cancer: a malignant tumor of the pancreas. pancreatic cancer has been called a 'silent' disease because early pancreatic cancer usually does not cause symptoms. If the tumor blocks the common bile duct, and bile cannot pass into the digestive system, the skin and whites of the eyes may become yellow (jaundiced), and the urine may become darker as a result of accumulated bile pigment (bilirubin).

or for more information 

pancreatic cancer begins in the tissues of your pancreas — an organ in your abdomen that lies horizontally behind the lower part of your stomach. your pancreas secretes enzymes that aid digestion and hormones that help regulate the metabolism of sugars.

pancreatic cancer often has a poor prognosis, even when diagnosed early. pancreatic cancer typically spreads rapidly and is seldom detected in its early stages, which is a major reason why it's a leading cause of cancer death. signs and symptoms may not appear until pancreatic cancer is quite advanced and complete surgical removal isn't possible.