eleven

I honestly was surprised when I woke up.

I was even more surprised to see Ashton asleep in the chair next to the bed I was in.

The events kept replaying in my head and I laughed quietly at the thought of my last word being sprinkles.

I guess my laugh wasn't as quiet as I had hoped and Ashtons eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Luke?" Ashton mumbled sleepily, balling his hands into fists and rubbing his eyes.

"Hi." I cough, looking at Ashton awkwardly.

"Hi? That's it? You almost died Luke." Ashton sighed, standing up from his chair and pacing back and forth.

"My last words were gonna be sprinkles and you just couldn't let that happen, could you?" I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Are you seriously making a joke about dying Luke?" Ashton says with disbelief evident in his voice.

"I don't know- I guess?" I mumble, uncrossing my arms.

"You're unbelievable- Jesus." he mutters, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Is Michael okay?" I pout, images of his pale body being pulled out on a stretcher racing through my head.

"Michael's fine- We need to worry about you Luke." Ashton sighs, taking a seat at the end of the bed and looking over at me with tired eyes.

"I'm okay- Don't worry about me- can we get some pizza?" I say quickly, biting my bottom lip.

"Luke- I really need to talk to you though." Ashton mumbles, looking down at his hands.

"How long were you here Ashton?" I sigh, looking up to meet his lovely hazel eyes.

"The entire time- now let me talk, okay?" he says tiredly, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah- sorry- thank you- can we still get piz-" I ramble, causing him to cut me off by pressing a finger to my mouth.

"Shut up Luke- Let me explain something to you, please don't get upset okay?" Ashton says softly, looking away.

"I won't, say it." 

"Zoe died."

sorry it's short but thanks for all the reads and comments, it's so awesome, you guys are cool :))))