twenty three

"zoe? am i- did i-" 

"die?"

"uh- yeah.."

"no- you didn't." she smiles, patting my shoulder.

"well then why the hell are you standing infront of me?" i say quietly, squeezing my eyes shut for a second.

"i'll explain in a few minutes- but you've got to listen, okay?" she says softly, looking down at the ground.

"yeah- yeah okay.." i mumble, squeezing the bridge of my nose.

"ashton's not okay luke." she says in a quiet tone, grabbing my hand and rubbing her thumb over it.

"what do you mean zo?" i say, my voice wavering.

"he still has cancer luke. someone switched his test results to make it look like the hospital had made a mistake." she says, her tone serious.

"who? what am i supposed to do?" i mumble, biting my lip.

"i saw his dad enter the hospital a day before he was supposed to get the results. i don't have much time left to talk to you because the doctors are about to resuscitate you. yes luke, you almost died. now help him before it's to late. and tell the doctors to go to michaels ro-"  

and that's when i wake up and see numerous doctors surrounding me.

"luke- luke- honey are you okay? you- you almost left us.." my nurse cries, pushing the hair from my sweaty forehead.

"michael- go to michael.." i mumble, grasping onto her arm.

"get a doctor to mr. cliffords room right away." she says to the nurse beside her, looking back to me shortly after.

"what's wrong with michael?" she says softly, sitting down beside me.

"z-zoe.. i- i saw her.." i stutter, a tear falling down my face which she quickly wipes away with the back of her hand.

"what did she tell you love?" she asks, feeling my forehead to check my temperature.

"ashton's not okay.. call him- make him come back- he- he's gonna die.." i cry, squeezing on her hand.

"luke- i know ashton left, but it's gonna be okay. you should be happy for him. he's okay." she smiles, a sigh falling from her lips.

"he's not okay! you need to listen to me!" i yell, shaking her.

"luke! calm down! ashton is fine love." she says sternly, standing up and crossing her arms.

"he's gonna die! and it's gonna be all your fault!" i cry, covering my face with my hands.

"cliffords lungs filled with water- he almost died. luke, thank you. you saved his life." a male doctor says, nodding towards me.

"i told you! now you have to check on ashton! please!" i beg, tears streaming down my face.

"alright. i'll give him a call and make sure he comes back in for testing. but you have to calm down hemmings, this stressing isn't good for your health." she sighs, walking out of the room.

"luke! you scared us half to death!" ava yells, katherine following her into the room.

"don't worry about me- just go check on mikey." i mumble, shutting my eyes.

"how'd you know he was in trouble? calum said the doctor told him it was you who had called, and then we heard about you just almost dying. what happened?" katherine says worriedly, sitting down beside me.

"i- you guys- you have to believe me.." i say quietly, biting my lip.

"what?" ava says softly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"i saw zoe... when i- was- almost- uh died.. she told me to tell the doctors to go check on michael as soon as i got up.. she also told me ashton- he- he's not okay.. guys- am i going insane?" i cry, covering my face.

"no- shit- luke obviously you're not going insane if what she said actually helped. just- don't stress. we'll get ashton. nothing's going to happen to him." katherine sighs, rubbing at her eyes.

"just go see mikey- and come back and tell me how he's doing. okay?" i mumble, shutting my eyes.

"yeah- get some rest." ava says softly, pulling katherine out of the room with her.

----

okay there ya go