eight

i dont know what exactly i expected ashton to act like the next day- maybe a little softer, kinder. 

that, he was. 

he sat down beside me at lunch and said hello to everyone, he even apologized to michael and calum.

"hey luke- tomorrow everyone gets to go out for awhile- i was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies or something.. you dont have to, i mean its your day out and stuff-" ashton mumbles nervously, looking down at his hands.

"sounds great. i'll get a cab to take us to the theatre down the street- then maybe we can go for ice cream after?" i say happily, biting my bottom lip.

"yeah- i'd like that." ashton smiles sheepishly, turning back to the other guys and zoe.

i turn to see everyone but alfie.

"where's alfie?" i ask zoe quietly.

"he got sick last night- i stayed with him until his nurse made me leave- she said they had some news to break to him." zoe sighs, crossing her arms and setting her head on top of them.

"do you think we should go check on him?" i mumble quietly, leaning forward to talk to her so no one could hear.

"i was thinking the same thing- just us though, i don't wanna overwhelm him with to many people." she says softly, standing up from her seat at the same time i do.

"we'll catch up with you later." i say to the guys, nodding towards zoe.

they all just shrug and continue with their conversation.

"let's go." zoe sighs, walking out of the cafeteria and down the hall to the elevator.

"zo- what do you think the nurse told him?" i say curiously, biting the inside of my lip.

"i think he's gonna die soon luke- and honestly i'm not prepared for that to happen." she says sadly, biting her lip to keep her eyes from watering.

"you knew it was gonna happen eventually- you should be prepared.." i sigh, clicking the floor number.

"there's just so much i haven't got to tell him- and i don't know if i'm ready to tell him most of it- but if he's gonna die- the last thing i want him to know is that i love him. and not just as friends." she says quietly as the elevator doors shut.

 ☣☣☣

comment who you think will die first,

zoe, alfie or ashton?