•Chapter Twenty-Nine•

•Ailey's POV
"I found them." Woohyun's father chuckled.

"Omo! You two! You're soaking wet!" Mother shrieked as she fiddled with her pearl earring.

I sneezed as she rushed over, wrapping the two of us in a blanket to share.

"What happened out there?" Mum rubbed the ends of my hair.

"Well.."

Flashback

Woohyun hugged my tightly as tears ran down my face, rain pouring down and it was just the two of us.

He let go of me as he gently tucked my fringe behind my ear, smiling.

"I'm sorry, yes? It was silly of me.. It was a really stupid idea to break up with you so harshly. I thought that the only way I could make our parents live happily was if I broke up with you. I was so cold about it because I knew I wouldn't be able to let you go in the future." Woohyun explained.

"You're an idiot," I grinned, sticking out my tongue.

"Yah.." Woohyun wined like a little kid as he cupped my cheeks into his palms. He lightly kissed the side of my cheek and cutely fluttered his eyelashes.

"Woohyun...Ailey! Where are you two?!" A familiar voice called us from a distance away.

Woohyun pulled himself away as he stood in front of me, blocking my view. "Oh d-dad." He stuttered as he tightly held onto my hand from behind.

"Get inside, it's raining hard. I don't want either of you catching colds!" Woohyun's dad spoke below a large blue umbrella that could easily fit 6 people.

"Yeah..we're coming," Woohyun uncomfortably smiled.

Flashback over•

"I think we'll cancel this photo shoot for today, don't you think? The kids are probably not feeling well." Woohyun's dad spoke in a persuasive way.

"You're right. Let's get these two home." Mother replied as she rubbed the two of our shoulders together.

Woohyun and I snook a quick glance before leaving to change our clothes.

Woohyun's POV
Dad and I had a silent journey home in the car together. Do you think he would be curious of Ailey and I?

We entered our warm house as we both took off our shoes at the entrance.

"Woohyun, I need to ask something." Father spoke from behind.

Ask something? My fingertips tingled slightly as I froze in shock. "Yeah." I replied, sitting down at the dining table.

"Alright son," dad turned the kettle on before sliding a chair out the dining table to sit down. "What relationship do you exactly have with Ailey? You can tell me."

I hesitated at the start of my sentence, "We-we're dating. But wait! This was months before we found out about you and her mum.." I rushingly spoke, in a panic state.

"I thought that was what I heard earlier. I saw you with Ailey and heard the word 'dated' in the conversation." He replied calmly.

"I tried to break up with her so that you two could live happily..but I couldn't." I lowered my head.

"Why, son?" He clasped his hand on my shoulder.

"Because I like her too much." I quietly mumbled.

"I won't stop you if you want to be with her." His words caught me by surprise.
"Tell me more about her." He strolled to the kettle.

"She's..just incredible. I've never seen myself give in to a girl like her before. Whenever Ailey is sad, I am sad and whenever she is happy, I'm happy. It's hard to explain." I smiled at the thought of her.

"You love her?" He seemed intrigued as he stirred his tea.

"I've..not told her that yet, one day I will." I shyly fiddled with my zip.

"Son, it seems like you've already found the right girl and that's hard to find at 18 years old." He smiled.

"I think I have. We're still young, dad. I don't wanna get in the way of your marriage but.." I scrunched my eyebrows up.

"But you love her. Son, I'm more sorry. Ailey's mother and I haven't had a clue at the fact you two are dating. Call us bad parents for not realising, we should've had a few suspicions when the two of you would sneak out to places, but we didn't. It's us who should feel apologetic, you've not done anything wrong, son." Dad replied.

This gave me millions of reasons why I've always loved him. He's understanding, lenient, wise and always thinks of others around him first.

"Dad, you shouldn't apologise to me either. We just didn't know.." I bit the end of my tongue.

"I want you and Ailey to be together. End of discussion. You two have got your whole life ahead of you and us adults have already experienced it. Some relationships are successful and some are a gamble in life. I'll talk about it with Ailey's mum? The two of us have a similar mind, I'm sure she's going to be as supportive for Ailey as I am for you." He sat down with his cup of tea, sipping it slowly.

'Some relationships are successful and some are a gamble in life..'

~*Author's Note*~
I delayed this update a bit longer than usual, sorry but thank you for being so patient;) School's just a pain T__T

Oh and wooooo for reaching 4K!💗

Anyhoo..hope you liked it:) xx

*I've been updating the early chapters that I wrote last year..sigh to myself for having the large chunks of paragraphs..I don't even know how you guys dealt with reading it, hahaha! I've been splitting the paragraphs up so it's easier to read:)*