• Chapter 45+ •

omg here we go!

Four Years Later

I sat on the toilet seat lid as my eyes began to well up. Staring at the aqua tiled floor, my vision slowly blurred and the salty tears rolled to the floor. I didn't know what to think, or how to even think.

I couldn't bring myself off of the toilet seat lid. I shrivelled into a tight ball as I could hear my loud sniffles and shallow, sharp breaths. My eyes wandered towards the bathroom door as I heard an electronic buzz from the other side of the door.

The door slowly slid open as Woohyun and our eyes interlocked. His right arm was occupied with his electronic shaver as he busily smothered his stubbles with it. He had his joggers on and a half buttoned, formal shirt on.

"What's wrong?" His eyes widened as my heart immediately sank.

I tightly furrowed my eyebrows as I could feel the waterworks coming again. I lifted myself off of the lid whilst tightly biting my lower lip. His chest was my absolute comfort as I snuggled between his arms, resting my forehead on his chest.

"Hm?" Woohyun gently hummed.

I couldn't even directly look at him. Instead, I pointed at the sink that had the object placed on top.

It was a good thirty seconds of pure silence after I had pointed at the sink. I wanted to see his reaction.

"Can you see it?" My voice muffled against his damp shirt which was filled with my tears.

At that moment, I lifted myself off of his chest as he trudged forward to the sink.

"Yeah I think so." He said. "We're out of toothpaste." Woohyun grinned.

I rolled my eyes.

"And the two lines? Yup." Woohyun walked towards me again, planting a kiss on the lips. "We're having a baby, aren't we?"

"I t-think so."

Beside the empty toothpaste was the pregnancy test I had taken. Positive with double red lines that were stronger than ever.

"Gosh, you're smiling so much," I sniffled.

"And you're crying so much," Woohyun grabbed a couple of tissues from the box as his arms pressed around my body. "This probably explains why you've been ill," he said whilst wiping the tears.

"It makes sense.. Woohyun, are we even ready for this?" I coughed a little.

"Y'know, I don't think many couples are ready. It's fine. Ailey, I think we'll be perfect for this. I am going to promise you that we can do this," Woohyun reassured.

"We can't be too sure about this. I'm gonna pee on some more sticks and even go to our GP just to confirm," I responded.

"I'm sure it is right, Ailes. I think we're gonna be parents," Woohyun pulled me in close.

"Woohyun.. I don't feel like going out tonight." I mumbled.

"Mm." Woohyun soothed me.

That night was tranquil. Tears were still rolling down my cheeks with slight excitement and slight fear. Woohyun was there to reassure me that we could do this and that we were ready.

Woohyun wasn't scared. It was as if he was prepared for parenthood. The thing was, Woohyun was famous. The media were going to find out about this. Not only that, but Woohyun couldn't always be there with me.

What if he misses my labour? What if he misses our baby's first steps? What if he misses our baby's first words?

Woohyun and I spent the night on our sofa alone. We snuggled and watched a few dramas and live performances he was in which was what I always liked watching. I remembered the first few times I put Infinite's performances on our television and Woohyun had blushed from embarrassment. It was adorable.

“When should we tell everyone?” I asked as I fiddled underneath the blanket we shared.

“Up to you. Maybe we should get everyone for dinner at ours and we'll announce it together,” Woohyun suggested.

“That sounds good!” I agreed as he chuckled.

His phone suddenly vibrated underneath the blanket as we rummaged through to search for it. The name glowed Sungyeol as Woohyun slid the green button to answer.

“Hey man,” Woohyun said as he lifted himself up. “Hang on.” Woohyun stood up as he loitered around the kitchen counter.

“Mm.”

“I couldn't.”

“Mm-it wasn't the right time. ”

“Yah. I'll call later.”

“Mm.”

Woohyun ended the quick minute call and glanced over towards me again.

“What was that?” I questioned.

“Ah nothing,” Woohyun dismissed me as he revealed the face he made whenever he was hiding something from me.

“Yah.” I laughed as he snuggled back onto the sofa. “Let's watch episode seven.” He grabbed the remote.

———

A/N:

I didn't know how and where to end this quick chapter! I was showering and boom! I had an idea for this fanfic and over the past month or so, I battled my procrastination and attempted to write this new chapter.

I got more plans guys and I didnt let them all go in one chapter so ANTICIPATE FOR MORE

I hope you guys actually liked it and read it o_o . I've been gone for too long.. Votes and comments for feedback?lmao

loving you x