•Chapter Twenty-Seven•

Ailey's POV
Mine and Woohyun's eyes locked as he slumped his arm on the girl's shoulder.

"Han Ah! You left your pencil case here last period." My brother called her name as he handed over the floral pencil case to her.

"Wait a moment, oppa." She ran over to GP, smiling.

"Is this your brother?" GP pointed at Woohyun, who had bowed.

"Yes, sir." Woohyun awkwardly smiled.

I let my guard down at the word 'brother' as I exhaled with relief. She's just his sister..it's cool. He wouldn't of started dating that fast after a break up, would he? A part inside of me wished that we could still have a chance of being together again, but it began to slowly crumble at the fact Woohyun and I would become siblings soon.

~Next day at school~

Today I walked slower than usual to school and for some reason, my steps became heavier than they usually were. Awkward stares were exchanged between students as I entered my classroom.

Dirty glares were given from Da In and Hyo Jin as I hesitantly walked to my place to notice scribbles and foul words doodled across my desk.

'Bi*ch!'
'Seducing my Woohyun'
'Breaking his heart'
'Slut!'

My finger ran across the words which were carved into the desk as I felt heat rise to my cheeks. Ink splatters and chalk smudges were coated on top of the desk. Why exactly am I getting this from people in our school? What have I done wrong?

Woohyun entered the classroom with his earphones in as he coldly walked past me like I didn't even exist. Great. Did he even see the desk?

"What are you doing stood there? Are you not going to clean it up?!" Da In rose her voice as she threw a cloth at me, hitting my shoulder.

"Isn't this too much?! You've gone way beyond, Da In." I snapped back at her with fury.

Da In stomped towards me, her eyes were like a fox's gaze. She gripped tightly onto my wrist as I tried to push her away, "I'll make you clean it up then." Da In gritted her teeth together as she forcefully pulled onto my arm, slamming it against the desk.

"Get off of me." I attempted to push her away from me while holding in the pain. A hand crept up from behind as it latched onto Da In's arm, I slowly made my way up the masculine arm to see that it was Bi Ho. A slight disappointment struck me. Why wasn't it Woohyun?

"Da In. Stop it." Bi Ho rose one eyebrow as he looked into Da In's eyes. She exhaled deeply before loosening her grip.

Woohyun's POV
Class had began once the teacher entered the classroom and the students settled down.

Ailey flicked her right wrist, moving it in circular movements as she winced in pain. I couldn't help but watch her struggle from the corner of my eye.

She's in pain and it's my fault for not stopping Da In. I'm sorry, Ailey were the words I wanted to say but I couldn't. It's almost forbidden for us two to be with each other. If I gave in now then I'd struggle to cope with it all even more, It'd be harder to let go of her.

Ailey's wrist became more and more red as clear marks of Da In's fingermarks were shown. She rose her arm up with her other hand as she waited for the teacher's attention.

"Yes, Ailey?" The teacher lowered her glasses.

"Miss Kim. May I be excused to the medical room? My wrist. I can't write with it." Ailey asked.

"What have you done to it?" The teacher asked as the whole classroom was silent.

"I hurt it..before the lesson began." The students murmured under their breath.

"Alright. Woohyun, go carry her bag and all of her belongings with her. She might struggle a bit." The teacher glanced over to me.

Carry..her things? Just us two alone?

I reluctantly carried her backpack for her and textbooks that she had. We both slowly left the classroom as she was a metre away ahead, avoiding eye contact with me.

She spun around as she reached over to my hand to grab her backpack, "I'll do it. You can go." Ailey didn't even look at me while saying that.

"No. Keep going." I waited for her to continue walking until we got to the last flight of stairs.

"Woohyun." Ailey paused with her left hand pressed against the door. I nodded my head, "Why are you acting like this with me? Can't you tell the truth to Da In and everyone else the real reason why you broke up with me.
Even I don't know and it's killing me."
Her eyes deepened as she spoke with slight bitterness. "These days, I don't even think I can get over you. Bad jerk."

Bad..jerk.